Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bridgeport Is The Devil!

Monday, March 23: Bridgeport, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Back to one day stands and early mornings! 5:30 a.m. came WAY too early!
The drive to Bridgeport seemed to go on forever. Apparently this city isn't too fond of the circus; they wouldn't let the 24 Hour Man put up any arrows in town, and the fire department that we were next to made us cram onto the lot.
Since there were no arrows to the lot, this morning I acted as an arrow and waved trucks in so Chris and Tavo could set everything.
I went for a little walk once the last truck had shown up to the lot. I found a gas station where I got some breakfast.
After a nap Ryan, Rae, and I walked over to a BBQ restaurant for lunch. Rae was flirting with the teenaged girl behind the counter and asked her if she was coming to the circus. She said, "No I'm afraid of clowns".
Rae laughed and told her that I was a clown. She said, "I'm sorry, I just don't like clowns."
I replied, "That's ok, I don't like people that work in BBQ restaurants."
From then on I let her have it. My favorite line was, "Don't worry. I have a cousin that's afraid of clowns...yeah, he's 5."
I stopped short of telling her that she shouldn't be afraid, since she wore as much make up as I do.
After lunch I went to the Post Office and mailed my tax information to my accountant. Whew. I also got a couple of money orders.
Back at the lot Ryan had just finished cutting Casey's hair, so I had him give me a trim. After that and setting our props, it was show time.
We had a small crowd for the first show; they just weren't into it. Ryan and I found it hard to get into it as well. We were drained and just couldn't muster up much energy.
The second show had a really big crowd, but the people were very aggravating, especially when we were meeting and greeting with them. We were both surprised when the sink gag got the best reaction we have had in awhile.
10 year old Johnny Moss has been getting a little too big for his britches lately by calling Ryan and I "wimps" and "Beavis and Butthead".
His dad has been warning him about clown revenge, but he just kept on pushing our buttons.
After finale of the second show Ryan and I gave Johnny the double whammy. I pied him in the face and Ryan soaked him with a seltzer bottle.
To quote Johnny, "That was harsh."
Tear down was a headache because the incline motorcycle got in our way and slowed us down. Because of that we didn't get to load our own props into the box truck, which didn't make us happy. Friedman didn't even get his props in the truck before it was driven away!
I went to dump my trash before I took my make up off. As I was throwing it in the dumpster I heard someone honking their horn. I turned around to see Tavana behind the wheel of her motor home waving her arms.
I had to dig my trash out of the dumpster and throw it away in another one just because the Fire Marshal in this town has a bug up his butt about the circus.
To prove this further, we had to move all the show vehicles off the lot and next to the park across the street in case it rains. They didn't want their precious grass torn up. What a pain.
I hope all the fire station's Dalmatians are so inbred they can't walk straight.

March 24-Royse City, TX March 25-Athens, TX March 26-Van, TX

No comments: