Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"How'd You Like To Be A Whiteface?"

Tuesday, March 10: Trinity, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I was surprised that I didn't wake up at 5:30 a.m. this morning. I ended up sleeping about three hours longer than that.
Jessi and I were on the road shortly after 9:00 a.m., and when we got to the lot in Trinity, she dropped me off and had to head back to Hugo to get ready for her debut with Culpepper on Saturday.
We were on a great grassy lot today, and there was lots of stuff around as well.
Something I spotted on our drive into town piqued my interest, and I set out on an epic quest to find it once again.
After a mere half a mile or so, there I was in its presence of, Xtapolapocetl, king of Trinity!

With his spiky head and glowing red eyes, I was powerless to do anything but bow to my new master.
Long live Xtapolapocetl!

After the locals made a comment about a virgin sacrifice, I decided it would be best to move along...
I grabbed some grub from the cookhouse before exploring all the other things the city had to offer: a post office, an antique store, a market, a video store....and a Sonic!
Not adhering to my strict sleep schedule of the last couple of weeks sure did throw me for a loop. I was lethargic all the way up until show time.
An employee of Church's chicken was bothering us all day any time he was on his break.
You couldn't go anywhere on the lot without him yelling about getting free tickets.
He asked Ryan what he does for the show and Ryan answered, "I'm one of the clowns."
The guy then replied with something about easy money. Well, it's not working at a fast food restaurant, but it's a living!
There was a very small crowd at the first show, and even though I felt like they didn't find us funny at all, we had so many people at Intermission telling us how great the shovel gag was.
A group of kids asked me where the black clown was, referring to Ryan and his wig or costume I suppose. I got a laugh out of the kids' father when I said, "I didn't know we had one."
We had a better audience for the second show. I made friends with a couple of kids in the front row, but I also made an "enemy". 
At the end of the sink gag I was styling on the ring curb when I noticed this jock in a polo shirt sitting right in front of me with his arms crossed and a bored expression on his face.
I stopped styling and asked him, "You didn't like it?"
He replied, "It was alright."
I dropped my cheery facade and gave him a cold, hard look while slowly backing away, which made his girlfriend and the other people in the section laugh.
Then in finale, as I was exiting and waving to everyone, when I got in front of him, I once again stared him down as I slowly walked by, and then resumed smiling and waving. 
After tear down I went for a little walk. I was at the gas station getting a drink, and while I was checking out, I looked over beside me and a display case holding Halls cough drops just toppled to the ground.
Afraid for the safety of others with my new found "Carrie" powers, I beat a hasty retreat after helping pick up the mess.

March 11-Woodville, TX, March 12-Jasper, TX, March 13-Many, LA


No comments: