Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Miller Time!


Monday, March 2: Premont, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I met Jan at her RV at 5:30 a.m. We made a brief stop at a Super Wal Mart once we got out of Palmview. She needed to get medicine and a vacuum. I decided to pick up a filtered water jug to save me from always buying bottled water.
The 90 mile trip flew by; Jan and I talked almost the whole way. We share an affinity for Stephen King books.
We were supposed to be on a little league field today, but I guess that didn't work out. Instead we are on a grass rodeo lot.
Not too long after we arrived, my house showed up, so I crawled back into bed.
I got up for lunch and then Ryan and I unloaded our props. My shower was still being fixed, so I used the other shower on the truck again.
Once I was clean and refreshed, I went for a walk. It was about half a mile or so before I reached civilization. The town of Premont was actually pretty sad. Most of the shops and buildings were run down and or abandoned. It was nice to get out and get some exercise though.
Back at the lot I did some preperations for our shows. The first show was dead; extremely small crowd, but then, what did I expect for a 4:30 p.m. show on a Monday?
The second show was much better. I had a lot of fun signing autographs in the second Intermission. I was writing messages such as, "Steve Rules", "Steve 4 President, 2012", "Steve has a chin!", and "Steve can dance better than Edith Piaf". I had a good time testing my creativity.
Speaking of which, Ryan and I have a new improv game for the end of the shovel gag. When we "shoot" the arrows offstage and wait for John Moss to come out for the blow off, we say to each other what we are going to buy with our gold. I can't wait to hear some of the ridiculous things we come up with during the season.
Tear down was done in a flash tonight. I was so happy to have warm water to take my make up off with. Friedman fixed my shower. I now have hot water (it can get up to scalding hot!), a shower head, and nozzles for the hot and cold water. It's like I've died and gone to Heaven! Or in the words of Dudley, I'm "high lining it".

March 3-Robstown, TX, March 4-Aransas Pass, TX, March 5-Pt. Lavaca, TX

2 comments:

Jay SK said...

so you are playing at a BAR!?!?!?!? would've been the best place to play.

Steve Copeland said...

Nope, but there was one right by the tent. Looked like a real honky tonk! Yee haw!