Monday, March 16, 2009

Movin' On Up

Sunday, March 15: Jefferson, TX-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
It was about a 70 mile drive to Jefferson this morning; nothing too difficult, pretty straight forward.
Our lot was a little elevated park right in the middle of a neighborhood. Most of the trailers parked along the curb surrounding said park.
The lot got torn up pretty quickly by the trucks and there were some decent sized mud trenches before the tent was even up.
It was overcast, but luckily it didn't rain today; it was a heck of a lot warmer than yesterday. All in all a good day; if the sun had been out, it would have been beautiful.
Not having Internet access today, I was left to entertain myself by more primitive means. I put a big dent in the Dean Koontz book I am reading; good stuff!
I put my make up on in the Alley for the first time in a couple of days. It was a heck of a lot easier than hauling everything to my room, and I was kept warm by the thermals I bought yesterday.
Before the first show Ryan asked if some hay could be spread in the back door so his clown shoes wouldn't get messed up. Johnny Moss laid the hay down and Ryan thanked him.
10 year old Johnny replied, "No problem. Can I call you a wuss?"
HAH!
We had a huge crowd for the first show. I couldn't believe how many people showed up. The second show was a lot smaller; neither crowd was overly enthusiastic, but I believe they had a good time. We got a lot of compliments while meeting and greeting, and both shows we got a nice hand at the end of the sink gag.
After tear down a bunch of us were in attendance for our drummer, Lucky's, birthday party. His wife Vickie made some delicious food which I gorged myself on.
Casey was also nice enough to let me post my blog and check my e-mail.

1 comment:

Daniel ~ Sonburn Media said...

That lot really is in the middle of a neighborhood. When ya enter Jefferson and go into downtown historical there are houses all around you. Then you see the park and Indeed it is elevated. When I heard where it was going to be last year I was surprised It would even fit on there what with all the Playground equipment taking up space and the gazebo in the middle but they pulled it off. I dunno how but they pulled it off... I shoulda' taken a picture of the whole lot before they got there cause when ya look at it it doesn't look like enough room and plus (like he said) its elevated and in most spots haw a concrete wall around it being almost perfectly squared in. But Again I say Kelly miller amazed me.

~Kanaan Daniel