Tuesday, March 17, 2009

There's No Boro Like Winnsboro, Like No Boro I Know

Monday, March 16: Winnsboro, TX-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Since Mondays are Jan's day off, we didn't have to wait for her to serve coffee at the cookhouse. We took off from the lot right about 6:00 a.m.
We were one of the first to leave Jefferson, and we were the second to arrive in Winnsboro.
Right after we were parked, we set out to accomplish errands. First we went by a grocery store so Jan could pick up a few things, and then we went across the street to have breakfast.
Jan needed a Wal Mart so she could buy a new litter box for her cat, but with the help of my GPS, we found a pet store right where we were, which saved us from driving 21 miles to the nearest Wal Mart.
Back at the lot I ran to the house to get my dirty laundry, and then we headed to a laundromat. It took a little searching to find the one we were looking for; it was hidden behind some buildings.
Ryan and I had a ton of laundry to get done thanks to the rainy weather. I was so glad to get it accomplished.
Back at the lot Ryan and I unpacked our props, and I kept myself busy getting things ready for the show.
For the first time since last Wednesday, the sun was out! It was a beautiful day and we were on a big grassy lot, so everyone was taking advantage of it and drying things off.
Courtney was nice enough to let me use her computer to check my e-mail and update my blog. I can't wait to get my Internet card fixed!
It was nice having the whole show back to normal with the return of sunny weather. Sadly the "normalcy" will only last today since the Fusco family is leaving in the morning to go on tour with Tarzan Zerbini Circus. They were only here to fill in for a short time.
Ryan finally fixed our squib problem by buying black powder the other day. It works much better than the flash powder, but he had to wrap the squibs in a ton of tape before they would give the desired effect. They produce a nice bang, which really helps sell the blow off of the shovel gag.
A little girl from Dallas brought a picture that she drew for the clowns to the first show. John Moss got me from backstage between shows so I could go get it and thank her. It was very sweet.
In the second show's warm up, I was up on Ryan's shoulders when all of a sudden I lost my balance and started to fall backwards. I bounced off the tiger cage a bit and then jumped down behind Ryan. Luckily I didn't hurt myself or impale myself of the pins of the cage. Even Casey was concerned...for the well being of the cage.
I met a girl at Intermission whose name was Amouree (pronounced A More Ay). When Ryan and I ran in for the sink gag, we stopped and I pointed at her saying, "Hey Ryan, 'at's Amouree".
God I'm hilarious.
In the finale the squib didn't go off because the battery is weak. I laughed my butt off at Ryan (also because he forgot his cowboy hat), and I continued to do so until I envisioned him pointing the gun at my face and setting the squib off. I kept a careful eye on him after that.
Funny enough, he said the thought had crossed his mind. What a pal!
After tear down a bunch of people attended a farewell BBQ thrown by the Fuscos. I ate way too much Argentinean food and said good bye to the family.

1 comment:

Daniel ~ Sonburn Media said...

So where do you go from there? Like do you follow another circus or...?