Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ay! Me Estómago!

Saturday, May 16: Batavia, OH-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
I was not feeling well today. I caught some kind of stomach bug and was feeling crummy all day long.

We were playing at a Flea Market on a gravel parking lot. The weather was overcast and dreary; the day really matched how I felt.

I slept most of the day until it was time to get ready for the shows. Both shows today were well attended. Unfortunately I was so drained for the first show; I had no energy whatsoever. If there was any reason for the audience not laughing at the sink gag, the blame fell squarely on my shoulders. My best that show was not very good.

I was so angry that all day I was taking it easy on the falls, yet I still managed to fall on "boulders" and hurt myself. 

It poured rain in between shows and the lot developed a ton of huge puddles. Even the inside of the tent flooded a bit; mostly in the seating area.
It was so pathetic seeing the ring mat by the time the sink gag rolled around. There was so much standing water and mud tracked on it; it was disgusting!

Casey gave me some Emergen C during the second show which helped get my energy back up. I was feeling much better by the time we were done this evening.

Casey and Nat had Ryan and I over for dinner; I was starving since I hadn't eaten all day. I also had the treat of taking a hot shower to get my make up off since they didn't unhook the water until awhile after tear down.

May 17-Georgetown, OH May 18-Piketon, OH May 19-Columbus, OH

No comments: