Friday, May 8, 2009

Is There An Off Switch For The Mud?

Friday, May 8: Decatur, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I was so happy to see the sun this morning. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day, which was nice considering that the grass lot we were playing on got torn up into a muddy mess as soon as the big trailers and trucks started to arrive.
Sadly the sunshine didn't last very long and it was cloudy and overcast the whole day. I suppose the one upside was that it didn't rain.
I tell you though, this constant mud and dreary weather is starting to wear me down. I need some sunny days and dry lots...STAT!

I walked into town today to try and find three bookstores that showed up on my GPS. Two of them were long gone and the third really wasn't what I was looking for. I really need to start calling ahead...

I stopped for lunch at a 50's style diner/drive in called Arnold's. It is named after the hang out in the show "Happy Days". After my meal, as I went up to the counter to pay, I realized (way too late) that they didn't accept credit cards for payment. This presented a problem since I had no cash on me!
The waitress informed me that they had an ATM, which would have been great...if my credit card was set up to be used that way!
Luckily I called John Moss and he came racing to the rescue on bicycle with some cash for me to borrow. God Bless him; I was almost up to my elbows in sudsy water and dirty dishes!

We had decent sized crowds for the shows today. In the first sink gag we thought we were dying; the laughs were few and far between. But when we finished I thought they were going to blow the roof off the tent with their cheers. Talk about mixed signals! Maybe they were just happy that we were done.

One of my mud shoes started to rip apart at the back seam. Because of that I had to wear my nice shoes today. Luckily they didn't get too nasty.
Speaking of wardrobe, I forget to mention that the showgirls have some awesome new costumes for Opening made by Armando and Josie Loyal's mother. They are snazzy!

After tear down all the vehicles had to move off the lot. Luckily Jan and I got onto the road with no problem, and we were only going down the street to a parking lot. Quick and easy.

May 9-Dunkirk, IN May 10-Day Off! May 11-New Castle, IN

2 comments:

Yessi. said...

Oh my gosh, you used the word 'snazzy'...Steve Copeland...you're my hero.

Karen said...

I did the no cash thing twice on the road. But this was in the first days of ATMs. On place thought I was a sneaky, thieving, circus person. I had to leave my dinner guest hostage as I ran around looking for a money machine.