Friday, May 22, 2009

Nothing Funny About A Sick Clown

Thursday, May 21: Buckeye Lake, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I woke up pretty early this morning so I could enjoy a real shower at the Long's house; the night of sleeping in a real bed was also fantastic.
Greg dropped me off at the lot in time for morning call. I wish I could have hung out with him more these past two days, but I know our paths will cross again at some point down the road.

Today we were playing on a rocky lot behind a grocery store. It was a hot day; I ended up being outside as much as I could since it was much cooler outside than in my room.

Casey helped me fix the water mechanism in the sink by drilling a bigger hole in the handle of the fire extinguisher so the new bolt would fit. I just love getting things accomplished...too bad I also enjoy procrastination!

Ryan was sick today, so he didn't do much but rest until show time. He caught the stomach bug that has been going around the show; pretty much everyone has had it in some variation. Just one of the joys of working in close proximity with a group of people.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show. The Intermission was great; people were so nice and friendly. I had a ton of kids run up and give me hugs. That is exactly the kind of meet and greet I needed after the past few towns.
We had a good crowd for the second show as well. Props to Ryan for giving it his all while on the brink of collapsing from exhaustion during every act.

The sink gag was great, one of the best ones we have had in awhile. Ryan even passed out for a few seconds after the gag; that's how good it was!
I told him to take it easy for the night, so Casey helped me load up the Alley and John Moss and I tackled tear down by ourselves. It was no big hassle.

May 22-Millersburg, OH May 23-Cadiz, OH May 24-North Strabane, PA

1 comment:

Mindy said...

looks like you are inching closer to New Jersey!