Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, Hi Ohio!

Thursday, May 14: Camden, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
I woke up this morning and heard the rain pouring down on the metal roof and saw the lightning flashing out my window. When I checked the time I saw that I could still sleep for two more hours and stay warm and dry in my bed. What a great feeling!
Sadly it was still raining when I had to get up, but it wasn't coming down nearly as bad as it was during the night.

Our 27 mile drive this morning seemed to drag on forever thanks to the interference of the weather, dump trucks, school buses, and TWO trains.
We were showing next to a elementary school on a grassy lot. There was a little creek running by some of the trailers, and it had some force and speed to it. If it had continued to rain today like it did yesterday, there could have been some trailers floating away. 

Thank God the rain stopped and the sun came out. It turned out to be a beautiful day.
I took a walk into town; there really wasn't too much to see, just a lot of closed down shops.

I had been belly aching for some time about wanting to get out of IN, so I was happy to cross into OH today; when I heard the reactions the show was getting for the first performance, I said to Ryan, "Let's go back to Indiana."

We had two decent sized crowds today; the second show filled up better than the first, and they were a good audience.

Ryan and I both were dragging today during the shows. I felt so weary; I tried taking a nap between shows, but it didn't seem to help at all.
Finally around Intermission of the night show I started shaking off my funk and I felt much better.

The ring had a rocky road (not the ice cream, unfortunately) running through it, which was tough on us with the falls. It was also incredibly slick with the ring mat on top of it. I almost wiped out a couple of times. I did end up falling once right onto my butt, but it was on the grass during our aydience warm up.
I think it is funny that our gags are chock full of slapstick and falls, but when I fall on accident I get so embarrassed and feel like a jack ass.

In one of the Intermissions I was signing coloring books and happened to overhear this woman who was complaining (loudly) about men and why she wasn't dating them currently. I suppressed my urge to chime in with, "Yeah, men suck. That's why I date women."

After the shows Casey and Nat had us over for an excellent dinner. I think part of my fatigue today came from hunger, even though earlier I wasn't hungry at all.

May 15-Loveland, OH May 16-Batavia, OH May 17-Georgetown, OH


No comments: