Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rainy Mountain Top Fun

Wednesday, May 27: Morgantown, WV-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
This morning I took a cab to the University Town Center that was a couple of miles from the lot. Armando gave me a ride to the bottom of the mountain so I could meet the driver; I wasn't about to try and explain to another person how to find the tent on top of Mount Sumb**ch. 

While in town I got breakfast and spent a lot of time at a Barnes & Noble browsing titles and adding books to my mental wish list.

It rained some more today, which didn't help the mud situation at the lot. And to think I believed we had out run the in-climate weather for awhile!

I was very discouraged to discover that we had another small crowd for the first show. John Moss and I were musing on the fact that the sponsor had told us on the car ride to the radio PR that advance ticket sales were up from last year. If I had known what I know now, I would have asked him why he was turning his car into a parlor of lies.

We finally had a decent sized crowd for the second show; this would have been a great one day stand.

The mud in the back door became pretty bad thanks to the elephants; it didn't bother me at all during tear down though, since I had my boots on. 

I really needed the cookout at America's Own after the show to blow off some steam and unwind. It was wonderful.

May 28-Travel Day May 29-Hancock, MD May 30-Emmitsburg, MD

1 comment:

henry edgar said...

reading this blog makes me feel like i'm back on the road again. my four years were the happiest of my life. and this reminded me that morgantown has always been one of my least favorite cities! i don't know about now, but 5 years ago you could not get a signal to use a cell phone in that area and it reminded me how dependent on cell phones we've become.