Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What The Heck Is An Avent?

Tuesday, May 5: Frankfort, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a very short jump this morning, only 17 miles. We were playing on the town fairgrounds (a current theme it seems).
Right across the street was a gas station, which I'm sure did killer business from everyone on the show, and a laundromat. It never fails, when it is Ryan's week to do the laundry, there is always a place right across the street from the lot!

Frankfort had a very nice downtown. I spent a couple of hours walking around it this afternoon. I made sure to continue my habit of supporting local businesses. 

We had two good sized crowds today. I can't say much more than that, because I suppose if you can't say anything nice, it's better not to say anything at all.
Let's just put it this way: I think Frankfort's town flag must have a picture of a bunch of people hanging two clowns that look suspiciously like me and Ryan.

We kept the gags moving along which was the best course of action. It kept the audience with us and definitely strengthened the reactions we got.
I think what really frustrated me today were the people at Intermission. Not very many nice or friendly people came to meet me; there were a lot of annoying "tweens" at the second show that made me want to pull my hair out (and not the yak kind).

There was one occurrence that made me laugh. I met a local clown and got a business card from him, which is what I do. On Ringling I was the official "hometown clown card collector" for Clown Alley when my buddy Kelly left. I continue that tradition here on Kelly Miller.
Here is what his card said:

Need A Clown
For Birthday's, Festival's,
Club Or Lodge Parties,
Church Avent's
School Avent's, And
Other Parties

Obviously he doesn't work too many Spelling Bees or Grammar Rodeos...

We joined Casey this evening for some relaxation and to blow off steam about tonight. Youtube and a cold beer are a wonderful combination. 

May 6-Kokomo, IN May 7-Warren, IN May 8-Decatur, IN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for some chicanery . . .

Bruce the Clown

Misty said...

I wonder if there are children at the lodge parties or just the men in the fez.

Ned K said...

http://www.reporter-times.com/stories/2009/05/06/mdtnews.qp-0078402.sto here is a link to Moresville Times with an artical Moss better becareful doing the impersonation of John Ringling North LOL leave it to a reporter to screw things up

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Mentioned on yuor blog you use yak hair.
As an old movie fan I am did you know that Universal pictues Wolfman with Lon Chaney they used yak hair when he chaged into a wolf.
During the war years Universal could not get yak hair as the Japanese controled teh area where it came from.
So they could not do the full wolfman effect.
Trivia=can you recite the lines Maria Ouspeniskaya (the old gypsy lady)told Lon Chaney, the curse of the Werewolf?????????
Harry

Ryan Easley said...

Did you get an entire beer before sloshing your words Steve? LOL

Daniel ~ Sonburn Media said...

You Have Really Nice teeth...