Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Day Off? That's How We Roll!

Wednesday, July 8: Day Off!
Today Ryan and I joined Danny, Tavana, Arwen, and the Cainans on a trip to the Six Flags: Great Escape park.

Becky Ostroff hooked us up with free passes, and we spent all day at the park until they closed at 7:00 p.m.

Even though it rained a bit in the morning and they shut everything down, the sun finally came out again and we rode almost all of the major rides; plus we watched the diving show that Becky is a part of.

After playing in the park, we joined Becky and the divers for a BBQ at their housing complex.


Thursday, July 9: North Creek, NY-2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
When I set out to explore today, I knew that one direction along the highway only had a gas station and it was a good distance away.
I decided to go the other way and found a great little downtown area just blocks away.

While I was looking around, a couple of homeless guys asked me if I was looking for someone; I said no and then realized I had passed up a perfect opportunity for my favorite joke.

Homeless men: "Are you looking for someone?"

Steve: "Yeah, I'm looking for Joe."

H.M.: "Joe who?"

...Well, you know the rest!

I was so discombobulated due to yesterday being off and us having an early show today. I kept thinking it was the weekend.

I was surprised at the good turnout for the 2:00 p.m. show. A bunch of camp groups came; I was expecting the kids to be loud and rambunctious, but strangely they were pretty tame.


The above clip kept Ryan and I entertained throughout the first show. We did our gags using a Swedish accent and thinking of as many variations of the "Don't be sad" line as we could.
During the sink gag when I was getting a mouthful of water from the sink, Ryan said (in his funniest Swedish accent of course), "Don't worry folks, we'll fix dis shink!"
The way he said it made me laugh so hard that I almost shot jets of water out of my ears without the use of the rig I wear.

After the first show we had about three hours before I had to get back into make up. Ryan and I walked to the beach that was next to the lot, but as soon as we got there, the sun got covered up by clouds. Since laying out to tan was out of the question, and because the water was icy cold, we decided to head back into town for awhile.

We had a jam packed night show. Several performers were sick with the flu bug that has been going around the show. Manuel, Fridman, and Gilda all had it, so there was no motorcycle on the incline wire, Gilda wasn't in the flying act, and Fridman didn't work the second show. 
During the first show he was so dizzy and disoriented that he fell off the rola bola!

Becky Ostroff was back tonight with the divers from the water show.
During Intermission I was talking with them when Becky gave me a piece of corn on the cob left over from last night's cookout.
I used it for the rest of the time I was in the tent: offering it to people, plucking kernels off one at a time while saying, "she loves me, she loves me not", and putting kernels in my teeth and asking people if I had anything stuck in them.

The only other noteworthy thing that happened was that we got a great reaction for the sink gag. Go us!

At the BBQ tonight the divers gave Ryan and I one of their great wooden chairs that we had been eyeing at their place. They all signed it as a thank you for the good time at the show.


July 10-Gloversville, NY July 11-Dolgeville, MY July 12-Richfield Springs, NY July 13-Stamford, NY



No comments: