Monday, July 20, 2009

Time To Catch Up

Sunday, July 12: Richfield Springs, NY-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
It was another short 20 something mile jump to town this morning. I couldn't believe how cold it was when I woke up; I can't recall the last time I needed a long sleeve shirt and jacket in July.

I desperately needed a nap today after getting so little sleep in the past two days; it felt great to catch up on some rest.

I went to the grocery store by the lot to pick up some food to be used as side dishes for the BBQ tonight. We were planning a big one.

Josie came back yesterday from getting her neck problem taken care of. She drove all the way from Hugo, OK to upstate NY in two days with a truck full of 6 kids. She deserves a medal!

We had a packed house for the first show. I was surprised at how good the reactions were for a Sunday crowd.

Ryan was still sick today; however, I knew he was feeling better when he came over to me in between shows to discuss gag ideas.

There was an average sized crowd at the second show . Mike Naughton, owner of the Yankee Doodlee Circus, came to watch it and visit afterwards.

There was a little girl at Intermission that was wearing a Disney Princess dress. I asked her if she was all dressed up to go to prom.
She told me that she was playing Cinderella. 
This struck me as odd since she was wearing a Beauty and the Beast dress. She just gave me a funny look when I asked her if she had beat up Belle and taken her dress.

There was a huge BBQ after the shows with food generously donated by Mike Naughton. I even learned to pop a cap off of a beer bottle just using my hand and a lighter! True the cap popped off and hit me in the eye, but that in no way diminishes the honor!


Monday, July 13: Stamford, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Jan and I passed the Cainans this morning when we saw black smoke billowing out of their trailer.
When I got to the lot I texted Natalie to see if everything was alright. She told me that there was a problem with the vacuum tube. 
My response? "That Sucks"....

I got a huge coffee this morning to get me through the day. I found a great deli and ice cream shop in town as well during my exploring.

We had good sized crowds today, which was nice. Ryan and I tried to spice things up a bit by messing with John Moss.
We came up with a list of vulgar and/or ridiculous words that he couldn't say over the microphone (such as Floppy Mormon), and then held it up in front of him while he was making his opening announcement about the big top rules. 
Unfortunately John is a pro and it didn't even phase him. Drats!

4 comments:

Harry Kingston said...

Steve,
Glad you are feeling better now.
Get some rest as that cures all.
Harry

John said...

Glad you're back.
Was the health problem due to sock and mouth disease???

Pat Cashin said...

"Floppy Mormons"?

That was the name of my band in high school.

Freelance Dork said...

Six kids? Sounds like she needs a tubal ligation instead of a medal!

That's fancy talk for "getting your tubes tied".