Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Steven No Well Function Sleep Without

Saturday, July 11: Dolgeville, NY-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

It was only a 26 mile jump to Dolgeville; I still don't have a phone signal, which was a big pain in the butt.

I was dead tired today; I was running off of 2 1/2 hours of sleep, and I kept busy all day, which kept me from taking a much needed nap.

A little coffee with Casey this morning helped get my batteries charged; there was a laundromat next door to the cafe, so I spent a couple of hours washing my clothes.

Ryan was sick today with the bug that has been going around, so he didn't yell in the gags to help preserve his voice. I also tried to not hit him too hard with the shovels and pipes. Who says I'm not compassionate!?

The sun was out this morning, but naturally that couldn't last too long. It was cloudy for the rest of the day and it rained on and off. When it came down, it came down hard, especially in between shows.

We had decent sized crowds, but they were dead for the entire show. That combined with the mud in the back door really brought me down from the good mood I was in at the start of the day.

Ryan and I went with the Cainans to a great restaurant just a few blocks from the lot. The food was delicious and the owner was very hospitable.

July 12-Richfield Springs, NY July 13-Stamford, NY July 14-Sharon Springs, NY July 15-Oriskany Falls, NY


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky, I can't remember what rain feels like. Here in Texas, it hasn't rained in months. Temperatures are in the 100s, I would kill for rain.

Pat Cashin said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... whatever.

Look, when are you two yahoos going to finally realize that Ryan looks enough like (and dresses EXACTLY like) Jon Gossling from Jon & Kate Plus Hate???

All he has to do is practiced Jon's robotic, lifeless delivery and get Natalie to style her hair in that goofy way that Kate does for you to get crackin' on some killer web videos!

My suggestion: "Jon & Kate Plus Fate" in which the two of them sit next to each other on a couch, Kate berates and belittles Jon for a few minutes before she is killed in a grizzly manner... kinda like a darker Super Dave Osbourne. You could churn out one or two of those a week until the real Jon finally does snap and drop an anvil on her head.

But I don't wanna tell you guys your business. You both know what to do! So do it!!! Now get out there and make with the funny you silly little ha ha monkeys!