Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Your Feet's Too Big

Friday, July 3: Lancaster, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Today, a miracle occured...the sun came out! I was so happy to see it again after almost two straight weeks of not seeing its smiling face.

Ryan's Grandpa George took us to Concord today to have another stab at kayaking. Luckily the weather was perfect and the Boat House was actually open this time!

We ended up going 7 miles round trip on the Concord River. It was a piece of cake and we made great time. We did the whole thing in 3 hours, even with having to battle the current on the return trip.



I was sure the kayak was bound to tip over at some point, but we avoided tragedy (of that nature). I did sustain a shoulder injury when we tried to rocket under an arched branch. My life vest didn't allow me to duck enough and I got a nice chunk of skin torn off.

After our fun outing, Grandpa George took us to Kimball's for ice cream. We ordered the banana splits, which were absolutely huge!
We definitely didn't need to order two of them. They were piled high with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream coated with whipped cream and garnished with strawberries, pineapple, hot fudge, marshmallow, and of course, a banana!
Naturally we didn't finish them (although I put quite a dent in mine); I felt bad wasting food, but if I had eaten another bite I would have hurled and never wanted ice cream again.



When we got back to the lot the room got cleaned out since it had a chance to dry. It is a lot less disgusting now.

I almost got killed by a dolly while trying to unload our props with the flying act's equipment in the way. I went to pull it out from under a barrel and fell backwards out of the wagon with the dolly in hot pursuit. Luckily the step ladder we use was right under my feet, so I was able to catch myself and deflect the dolly. I was not a happy camper.

We had an average sized crowd at the first show; Ryan's uncle, Kevin , came to visit.

We didn't completely escape the rain today; it spattered for a few minutes during the second show. We just can't go for too long without precipitation on this show.

There was a small crowd for the second show; we kept the gags moving since we weren't garnering too many big laughs.

This morning on our drive to town Jan and I were talking about how the area surrounding the lot was perfect Big Foot territory.
Well, at the BBQ we were sitting around serving up our usual shenanigans when Casey noticed a tall, hunched over stranger watching us from the hood of his truck.
When Radar was sent to examine the situation (he's expendable), the shambling figure was seen headed towards the woods.
When we were speculating on who it was, I stated matter of factly, "We just had a Big Foot sighting."

The truth is out there!

July 4-Warren, MA July 5-Travel Day/Day Off July 6-Copake, NY July 7-Mechanicsville, NY

1 comment:

Alex said...

HOLY CRAP! What a sundae!!