Sunday, August 16, 2009

Golden Tenor

Monday, August 10: Romeo, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Our jump this morning was 80 miles, but due to me blowing the arrows, it turned into a 120 mile jump. I was going out of my mind by the time we got to the lot.


We were playing on a nasty, muddy lot. There was standing water everywhere.

The soggy ground didn't deter Casey and me from jogging and walking; we covered 2.6 miles this morning.


When I got back to the lot I helped Ryan with blocking one of the gags for next year.

After we were done we went into town to check out the cool shops and grab some lunch.


Performing today was a miserable task with all the mud and humidity to boot. The good news is a) we had good crowds, b) the Cainan's friend, Rick, was back to visit with more goodies, and c) the Cainan's dog, Suey, was found in Ypsilanti. It turns out she was picked up shortly after she ran away. Whoo hoo!


In the sink gag I made Mr. North laugh out loud with an improvised bit, so it looks like I'll be keeping it in!


At the end of the shows I felt so disgusting from being drenched in sweat and covered in mud and dirt. I took a great bucket bath outside my room and felt so much better afterwards. 



Tuesday, August 11: Flushing, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

As soon as he was set up at the lot this morning, Casey jumped in his truck to drive to Ypsilanti and pick up Suey. Oh, happy day!


I walked into town with Ryan to explore; some of these little Michigan towns have cool shops in them.


We had two packed shows today; it was also refreshing that the weather was a lot cooler than it has been the past couple of days.


We did have one guy irk us during Intermission though. He walked up to me and said, "You know, anyone can do what you guys do!"

I replied, "Thank you for demeaning my profession, sir."

He back pedaled and said, "No, I mean like, I could do what you guys do. I'd make a great clown!"

I just (sarcastically) replied, "You are absolutely right sir. Clowning takes no talent, drive, ambition, or ability at all. You would be a great clown!"


Ever feel like you were fighting a losing battle????


During my exploring this morning I had found a bowling alley that was having karaoke tonight.

Casey, Ryan, and I went over to have a few beers and grace the towners with our golden voices...well, Casey and I did.

I sang two songs, "Dentist" from Little Shop of Horrors, and "Dream A Little Dream of Me" by the Mamas and the Papas. 

I rocked "Dentist", if I do say so myself, but I crashed and burned with "Dream A Little Dream". I am used to the Michael Buble version, which is a completely different pitch from the version the DJ had.

Oh well, at least I made Casey laugh (and confounded the locals with my strange choice of songs that they had never heard before)!

No comments: