Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Here We Go Again

Tuesday, July 28: Chesterland, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
There were a ton of people around this morning to see the tent go up.
It was a nice sunny day and we were on a paved lot by a school. I spent the day making phone calls on my walk into town.

We had another weird tent layout today, similar to the one in Mechanicsville, where the entrance and back door were across from each other, and the flying act was working longways.

Both shows today were packed, and Lucky Eddie fixed our problem with the sound effect machine (or as he affectionately calls it, the fart machine) by buying new cables for it.

Huzzah!


Wednesday, July 29: Willowick, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a short 20 mile jump today to a nice park with a pool that had a giant water slide by it. Sadly it was overcast all day; not really pool weather.

I walked to get us breakfast, and a little later on Natalie took Georgia, Radar, Ryan, and I on an outing to a magic shop (where I dropped over $50 on make up) and Best Buy (where Ryan picked up a DVD set of The State). We also got to experience a friendly Ohio driver!

Jerry Jacobson, who worked as a clown on several mud shows and was mentored by Rex Young, was around the lot trying to find me today, but I kept missing him.
I finally caught up with him during Intermission of the first show; we hung out afterwards and he gave me a great Coco the Clown shirt.

Both shows were packed, and the second show had turn away business.
When we ran out to do warm up of the first show, one of the tiger cage doors wasn't closed all the way and Shonti, the tiger cub, ran out and into the arena. The whole time we were doing the number, she was pouncing on the cage trying to get us.
I commented to Ryan, "This isn't distracting at all..."

Tonight everyone had to move off the lot because....
well, I'm not exactly sure why. It didn't rain like they were anticipating.
Jan was already on concrete, so I didn't have to do anything except sit and enjoy the nightly BBQ, which was the last thing on the lot tonight.


1 comment:

Freelance Dork said...

It's about time they put The State on DVD!