Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Wig

Monday, July 27: Rock Creek, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We were on a muddy lot today; we haven't had one of those in awhile, and let me tell you, I haven't missed them!

This morning while hanging out at the Cainans trailer I fleshed out my new skull cap, cut ear holes in it, and attached snaps.
Then I spent some time organizing all of my receipts for this year. I have just been shoving them wherever I can in the room, but Ryan gave me an envelope to keep them all in.

After getting that all in order, I had Ryan cut my new wig for me. It looks great; it is a lot fuller than my last one, which was starting to thin out.

www.proclownwigs.com (Plug Plug)

Next I went to the post office to send some money orders home; all in all today was very productive!

We had a good sized crowd for the first show and a packed house for the second show; we got good responses for the gags as well.
The only downer was the amount of mud, both in the back door and in the tent. It was so muddy that I wore my clown shoes for the tiger chase; I didn't want to get the tiger feet all nasty.

We didn't have sound effects for the gags today because the cables that connect to our sampler are on the fritz. Lucky gave us acoustic sound effects (drum rolls, cymbal crashes, wood block, slide whistle, etc) to give our hits the needed punch.
It was strange doing the gags without our usual sound effects, but it was nice to see that we still got laughs even without them. I would hate to think that we are dependent on them, but with some of the bits a good noise can make the difference between a laugh or silence. 

I thought we would move off the lot tonight, but we didn't, which was fine with me!

1 comment:

Pat Cashin said...

Now that is the look of a man whose iPod fell off the top bunk, flew out of a hole in the window and got run over this morning if I ever saw one!

And I've seen plenty in my time.