Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pool Party!

Wednesday, August 5: Woodville, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

It was nice getting to sleep in this morning since we had jumped last night. 

Natalie was going to the laundromat this morning, but I decided to sleep instead; hopefully my clean underwear will hold out!


I walked into town to get some lunch, and when I got back I had a nice talk with Casey; really deep stuff.


Later on when Natalie got back from laundry, Ryan, Casey, Georgia, and I went to the community pool across the street from the lot.

I kept inadvertently breaking rules and having the lifeguard blow her whistle on me, so I stopped swimming and went off to read and pout while getting some sun.


Joey Thurmond, a clown friend I made on Facebook, his wife, Jamie, and his son, Tyler, came to the first show today.

They were only miles away performing at a fair in Bowling Green, OH with their traveling clown circus.


It was nice to meet them, although I wish they could have seen the show with a good crowd. At least the second show was better all around.


Ryan made a deal with the pool across the street and convinced them to stay open from 10:00 p.m. until midnight so the show could have a pool party.

He footed the bill, which was awfully sporting of him, so I felt kind of bad that more people didn't show up. 

It was late and the water was a little cold, but those of us that went had a good time.



Thursday, August 6: Sylvania, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

The Cainan's friends, Phil and Amy, were visiting all day today with their baby girl.

Ryan and I had another meeting with Mr. North about next year, but there was still no resolution.


Radar went to the Toledo Zoo today. Casey told him that if he was late to work (like he was the last time he visited a zoo), he would be fired. 

I tried to think of any way I could to sabotage his trip (because I'm such a nice guy), but Radar made it back with plenty of time to spare.


Casey and I went to buy running shoes; we are going to start jogging every day and get an exercise regimen going.


There was a weird water situation on the lot today. All the hoses were hooked up, but the water could only be turned on every once in awhile for about thirty minutes at a time.

Because of that my shower was a single trickle of water that would stop every few minutes.

The people waiting to get into the tent on the midway got quite a show everytime I would come out wrapped in a towel with shampoo in my hair or soap drying on my body to see if I could resolve the problem myself.


Both shows were packed, which was great. In the second show I was getting dressed for finale during the motorcycle act and thought to myself, "If the motorcycle stalls, I am going to be late".

I finished getting dressed and walked over to talk to Casey and Ryan. All of a sudden I heard the finale music start; the motorcycle stalled!

Ryan and I rushed to make it just in time, but a few performers missed the number.

Now, why can't I use my powers of premonition to win the lottery!?


After the shows we had a big BBQ with Phil and Amy, their friend Navy, and Radar's Toledo Zoo friends.

3 comments:

Alex said...

". . .The people waiting to get into the tent on the midway got quite a show everytime I would come out wrapped in a towel with shampoo in my hair or soap drying on my body to see if I could resolve the problem myself. . ."

Yes, we'd like to stay for that show.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that show. When the curtain drops, you're able to view a comedy short.

Steve Copeland said...

I disagree. I live with it; it's not that funny!