Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Floppy Mormon

Monday, October 5: Carthage, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Casey took Ryan and I out to breakfast this morning where we were "treated" to a very rude waitress and horrible service. We then went to the grocery store and knocked out the shopping list like pros.

I walked around town later in the afternoon, partly so I could check out the Old Carthage Jail, which was apparently a big deal in town. I found out that Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon religion, was assassinated at the jail; this caused the Mormons to relocate from Illinois to Salt Lake City.

We had good sized crowds today. The ground we were working on was very uneven and full of overgrown grass. This caused there to be no water in the first sink gag because we couldn't enough leverage for the foot pedal to work.
We were able to overcome that obstacle for the second show though, which was good because the audience really enjoyed the gag.

During both of the shows, a group of firemen were standing in the tent entrance, completely blocking it, thereby creating a fire hazard. As Ryan and I ran by them for the shovel gag, I snarkily commented on how ironic the situation was.
When I looked up during the gag, they were still standing there. Ladies and gentlemen, presenting Carthage's finest!

It was supposed to rain during the night, so we had to move off the lot. This is always stressful for me considering my "driving responsibilities", and tonight was no exception. I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Not good. 
19 more days, 19 more days...

October 7-Winchester, IL October 8-Benld, IL October 9-Troy, IL

1 comment:

Alex said...

You were in Carthage, IL?! That's 15 minutes from my house. . .