Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Got A Rock

Monday, October 12: Warrenton, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
This morning Jan's RV was blocked in all the way at the back of the parking lot we were on, but we didn't have to wait too long to get out.

It was only 31 miles to Warrenton, but the big show trucks had to go 80 miles to avoid a bridge that couldn't handle too much weight. Luckily Jan's RV was light enough that we didn't have to go an extra 50 miles.

We were on a gravel lot today; my body was thrilled to see that...
It was cold this morning, so I was happy when the A.O. crew loaded up to go to breakfast. After we were done eating we checked out an outlet mall where everyone spent money except for me. They don't call me "Moneybags Penny Pincher Copeland" for nothing! 

On the ride back to the lot Genevieve's stroller was in danger of falling out of the back of the truck. Radar heroically shimmied through the open back window to save it. While he was lying down across the truck bed, holding on to the stroller, Casey closed the window behind Radar. He ended up riding all the way back to the lot like that, on his stomach and holding on for dear life. It was hilarious!

We had good sized crowds today, although there were more people at the first show. Ryan and I were doing our wimpy, old man falls in the gags today because of the rocky lot. It was so difficult to perform on; I was scared to even run for fear of twisting an ankle! 

October 14-Vienna, MO October 15-Camdenton, MO October 16-Wheatland, MO

6 comments:

Rebecca Ostroff said...

ain't nothin wrong not flinging one's self upon a cruel unforgiving surface...

after all you only got one body...

Jack Ryan said...

As you guys wind down the season, accept my thanks for the lively, candid blog all year. Sometimes you got way behind. But you always caught up.

We almost felt the mud. We almost tasted the good food at America's Own. Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Enjoy your winter break and keep your constant readers informed of what's going on.

Bill Prickett said...

I finally figured out how to leave comments. I saw show in Aledio, Il. 10-03, and enjoyed your act (and all the others) and seeing John & Rayna Moss again. Keep in touch. Bill and Nancy Prickett....billnan@juno.com...CFA....BYRD Family Tent....

Anonymous said...

~Somebody's birthday is coming up~

Sid Van said...

Steve, I caught your show in Warrenton (twice). You and Ryan were great. If you were taking old man falls there, I got to wonder what the young man falls are like. Thanks for coming to visit us. I don't know how good your penny pinching skills are. That outlet mall is very weak. The only place I kind find to spend money at is the kitchen gadget store and I think they are going out of business. It was very surprising that the last show had less people. I hope the circus made good money there. Times are hard in Warren County. Lots of people worked in new home construction. We know how that's going. Well, I just wanted to thank you for showing up.
Sid Van

Sid Van said...

Steve, I caught your show in Warrenton (twice). You and Ryan were great. If you were taking old man falls there, I got to wonder what the young man falls are like. Thanks for coming to visit us. I don't know how good your penny pinching skills are. That outlet mall is very weak. The only place I kind find to spend money at is the kitchen gadget store and I think they are going out of business. It was very surprising that the last show had less people. I hope the circus made good money there. Times are hard in Warren County. Lots of people worked in new home construction. We know how that's going. Well, I just wanted to thank you for showing up.
Sid Van