Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nuts To You!

Sunday, October 18: Bolivar, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The route slip this morning warned us of another muddy lot, but it wasn't bad at all. The only mud was on the edge of the lot; the rest of the ground was covered with thick clumps of grass that were all frosted over.
Luckily the day turned out to be beautiful and sunny, so the frost was long gone by mid morning.

Ryan was walking around outside while on the phone when he almost stepped on a snake. It was a little over a foot long and no wider than a marker, but it was alive! A truck must have run it over though, because it was injured. Ryan had Radar come over and shoo the snake away. 
And here I was thinking that we were safe from snakes due to the cold weather!

I had a miserable shower before the shows; there was no water pressure, so I was bathing under a drip of scalding hot water. Oh well, at least it wasn't cold!

We had small crowds at the shows today (seems to be a recurring theme). It was tough working in the ring because of the unevenness caused by the thick grass.

The only noteworthy thing that happened was when a kid was throwing peanuts at me during Intermission (what is it with these yokels and throwing stuff at clowns?!).
I asked him for a peanut and he threw it at me hard, but low to the ground. "Oops, I missed," he said sarcastically.
"Wow, you throw like a girl!", I replied. 
He then tried to hit me with a nut, which I easily deflected with my handy Sociology book.
"Man, what a sissy throw! You should go back to the store and get that sweater in pink", I jauntily observed about his clothing.
He finally wised up and admitted defeat when he realized he couldn't out smart ass me.

October 21-Republic, MO October 22-Wheaton, MO October 23-Fort Smith, AR

No comments: