Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Tankard Of Aledo

Saturday, October 3: Aledo, IL-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
We were a few miles out of town today. Casey, Ryan, Radar, Georgia, and I all loaded up in the truck and went to have breakfast. 

Later in the day I cleaned the mud off of my clown shoes; they were completely brown from the mess we ran around in yesterday.
The day was cold and there was intermittent sprinkling rain; on the upside there was only a little mud.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show. During Intermission I talked with circus fan, Bill Prickett, and his wife, whose name escapes me (too many shovel hits to the head).

In between shows I got completely caught up on my blog; I felt so relieved to finally get it all done. Now I know how women feel after child birth!

We had an average sized crowd at the second show. During Intermission a father in the bleachers was throwing peanuts. What is it with jack asses in this area and throwing stuff? Oh well, I only have 22 more days of having to do Intermission. I'll let a tiger eat me before I do it again next year.

The only memorable occurrence during the show was when Radar got sprayed in the face with tiger urine backstage. This is the third or fourth time it has happened this year. What made it especially funny is that the tiger waited for Radar to have his face at point blank range. Casey warned him twice about the impending spray, and each time Radar turned away the tiger held fire. When Radar's defenses were finally down, BAM!
The spraying led us to create nicknames for Radar such as "Potty Mouth", "Piss Face McGee", and "Stupid Big Ears". (Ok, that last one had nothing to do with the tiger urine!)

Tonight we ate supper in the Cainan trailer and watched that family favorite, Blazing Saddles.

1 comment:

dw declare said...

"piss face mcgee" came to mind today (i don't know why). when i googled it, three entries came up, two of which were yours. congratulations i believe are in order. but when i read your blog story, "piss face mcgee" had to take a back seat in hilarity, (in a zany clown car i imagine) to, "stupid big ears". oh my dear radar, it's a good day when we can all have a laugh at your expense.