Saturday, October 17, 2009

Vroom Vroom

Friday, October 16: Wheatland, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We were playing on a cement lot next to the Wheatland Speedway today, so at least there was no fear of getting stuck in mud.

On our morning excursion to find breakfast, we stopped at a little market where I was chatting up the lady behind the counter. She found out I was with the circus and started asking me questions. It turns out that she grew up in the same town as Tom and Tammy Parish, two of my favorite clowns that I watched on Ringling while growing up. She even used to babysit Tammy; talk about a small world!

I had quite a mail day when I got back to the lot. I got a few birthday cards from friends and family, and two awesome gifts: a beautiful Steve & Ryan photo calendar from my friend, Alex Zaprudsky, and two tickets to see the tour of Avenue Q (my favorite Broadway show) from my Mom.
Sweet!

Today Ryan sat in on a production meeting for next year's show. It sounds like some good ideas were put together and agreed upon; hopefully the transition from paper to show is a smooth one.

The sun came out for a few minutes today, but for the most part it was overcast and cold. It also rained a bit. 
We had very small crowds; the shows ended up being short due to a couple of acts not working.

Between shows Ryan and I worked on a rewrite (about the third or fourth one) of one of our big gags for next year; I think we are finally on the right track.

October 18-Bolivar, MO October 19-Marshfield, MO October 20-Willard, MO

No comments: