Thursday, October 8, 2009

Winchestertonfieldville (Anyone Get That Reference?)

Wednesday, October 7: Winchester, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
This morning, members of the Byrd Family CFA tent brought us all donuts and coffee to start the morning off right.

Later on, three of the members (guys, please help me out with your names. I know it is horrible that I forgot, considering your hospitality, but I have the worst short term memory ever, especially when it comes to remembering names) took Mr. North, Ryan, and I out to eat.
My initial belief was that we were going to be speaking in front of a group at the meal, but it turned out to be a very laid back, low key lunch, which was great.

A moat of water developed outside our door, so Ryan devised a "drawbridge" by taking the ramp from the Clown Alley.

We had an average sized crowd at the first show, and boy were they dead! I found it interesting that almost everyone that came in sat on the side of the tent closest to the entrance instead of sitting in the middle, at the front of the ring.

During the show, I was getting out of my sink gag costume when an old man and his granddaughter walked by the Alley. Just at that time the elephants were exiting the tent and were heading straight for him. 
I tried to warn him, but he thought I was waving at him. Finally he got the idea when he heard Armando yelling for him to move; just another reason I hate when people wander around in the back door.

We had a better sized crowd at the second show, but they were still dead. During the guest ringmaster speech, before the show began, the generator died, plunging the tent into darkness. Luckily once it was up and running again there were no further problems.

I had a good time playing around with a group of hearing impaired teens during the second Intermission. I learned how to sign, "you're welcome", and I showed off a bit by signing the entire chorus of the country song, "Don't Laugh At Me" (just a little something I picked up during my Christian clowning days).

It was a beautiful day today, and tonight was beautiful as well. I took a walk through town after the BBQ to enjoy the evening. From the lot until I reached town, someone had toilet papered almost every house and tree along the street. It was a huge mess!

October 9 and 10-Troy, IL October 11-Union, MO

3 comments:

Crystal said...

=) See you all in November! And thanks for keeping up =)

Logan Jacot said...

Ah, Mr. Deeds one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies. I hope the remainder of your season goes well.

Logan

DanTheBooker said...

Was their a house with a red door and blue shutters and a tire swing in the yard?