Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cirque Du Suck

Thursday, October 22: Wheaton, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Back to rainy weather today; I just knew we couldn't go the last week of tour without running into our old "friend" again.

Casey, Radar, Jody (Radar's friend from a zoo in Kansas), and I went to breakfast up the road from the lot.

I didn't have so much luck later in the day when I tried to find lunch. One place that came highly reccomended to me by the locals closed at 2 p.m. An Asian deli in town no longer had a deli. I finally settled for eating at the gas station (one of three places that served food in town). While there I learned about Gizmo, a rodeo clown that is a local celebrity. They even named the event center, where we are showing, after him.

It was muddy as hell around the tent; a good excuse to use my brand new mud boots! My old ones had holes in the heels, which defeated the purpose of wearing boots.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show, but despite their numbers, they weren't very lively.

I was thinking that Missouri crowds don't like to react, but the full house for the second show proved me wrong. They were very responsive and we got great reactions for our gags; it was so nice after what we have gotten recently.

By the end of the night it was a muddy mess in the back door. I was less than thrilled when my hanger broke and my agent suit pants fell in the mud on the Alley floor. Grrrrrrr.

At the BBQ tonight we tried to get Radar to let Casey hit him with a burning board that we pulled from the grill's fire. For some reason he wasn't hip to the idea....

Friday, October 23: Fort Smith, AR-7:30 p.m.

We had a 130 mile jump this morning to Arkansas. When we got to town, everyone pulled in to a parking lot while a new lot was found. I guess the one we were going to be on was way too small. The sponsor didn't realize that the show had trucks and trailers that needed to be by the tent....

Why they waited until everyone arrived to find a new lot I can not imagine. But what do I know? I just hit Ryan with a shovel.

Luckily the new lot was nearby and we were on grass. The best part: there was no mud in the tent or back door for our last three days. Hallelujah! 

It was an overcast, cold day, so I stayed in bed until show time so I could keep warm.

It felt strange only having one show tonight. Around 4:00 p.m. I started feeling very anxious and felt the need to get into make up.

I wish I could have enjoyed our one show day more, but I felt pretty lousy and had a vicious headache.

We had a good sized crowd, and they enjoyed the show. I finally got to meet Becky Raborn, who has been taking good care of me all year by sending me books. 

After the show we raced to a nearby movie theater to see the movie Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant.

The film was a major let down; I think Casey was the most upset, since he is such a rabid fan of the book series.

No comments: