Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 15-16: Brownsville, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

On Monday after school was out Jessi and I borrowed Casey and Natalie's truck to drive to McAllen so we could pick up Jessi's car.

While we were there, I went back to the Green Beret store to exchange the carabiners I had bought for more heavy duty ones. Unfortunately they didn't have the kind I was looking for.
I can't believe how much time and money we have wasted on this trip only to not get what we needed.

Back at the lot Jessi and I ran the web routine one time; after that I did what I should have done a long time ago, ordered the carabiners I needed online.

We had an average sized crowd for the first show. During the web number a child was hitting me with his light up sword while I danced on the ring curb. I picked up a nearby fire extinguisher and threatened to spray him, which made Mr. North laugh.

Ryan and I did some more tweaking to the exterminator gag. I think we are still on the right track to getting the gag where we want it.
As we exited the tent, the first thing we saw was Buckner attempting to eat fire. I see that he is starting off big with his shenanigans this year!

We had a smaller crowd for the second show. I thought they were going to be dead, but they enjoyed our gags.

I was in a bad mood for the second show, and my mood just kept getting worse as little things continued to go wrong throughout the evening.
The topper was when I was almost late to the exterminator gag. Ryan, Jessi, and I were all talking in my trailer; when I went outside to put my shoes on I heard the ending music of the act before us. I threw on my shoes and ran to the back door just in time to enter for the gag.

Needless to say I was glad when the day ended.

On Tuesday I took Natalie and Radar to do laundry. While our clothes were washing I went to get us some food.
I couldn't find the cup holders in Jessi's car, so I put Natalie's hot coffee between my legs.
Bad idea.
When I pulled up to the laundromat scalding coffee spilled all over my left leg giving me burns on my thigh.
Luckily a pair of my jeans had just finished drying, so I slipped into those and finished with my other clothes.

Jessi and I had another web practice at noon; I was finally feeling more comfortable as a web setter after this run through.
When we were done we both went shopping to pick up things for the trailer. I was feeling lousy the whole time; the sore throat I had that started this morning was really flaring up.

Casey had a PR in McAllen this afternoon with his baby tiger, Rajah, but he made it back in time to do his act in its usual spot for the first show.

Before the show started a friend of the North's took a picture of me and Ryan that he can use for a limited edition painting that he will be doing.
How can you purchase one of these paintings? Stay tuned for more details.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show and a good sized crowd for the second show.

Today Tatiana fixed the double barreled shot gun for the exterminator gag, so it was back in.
Jessi made my walkaround costume a lot easier to get into today. Thank God for the women in our lives!
(Also, while we are talking about costumes, a big thank you to Tatiana and her sister, Natalia, who made the costumes for our gags this year!)

I was in a much better mood today than I was yesterday. We had people film our gags so we could see what read well and what needed fixing.

After the shows were over Ryan and I stayed in the tent and fixed the drop gimmick for the rubber chickens.

No comments: