Monday, February 22, 2010

February 19: Brownsville, TX-6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Jessi and I had another quick web practice today at 1:00 p.m. When we were done we took Carla to Target so she could pick up some necessities.
She had to get right back for rehearsals, so we dropped her off at the lot and then turned around and went to the mall.
It was nice to just wander and not have to be around the circus for a little while.

There was no rain today, but the standing water and mud on the lot was very bad.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show. The camel act is out for the rest of the weekend due to the horrible terrain, so Mike and Carolyn did their mule act in its place.

Everyone was in web tonight for the first time. Jessi and I did well; my only difficulty was in getting Jessi to spin in slow circles.

We had a good sized crowd for the second show, and web went a lot smoother for me and Jessi.

Backstage got nasty from all the foot traffic through the flooded ground. It is impossible to keep any footwear or props clean by the curtain.

After the show when Ryan and I were taking down the rigging for the exterminator gag I accidentally stepped on the yellow fabric covering our bungee and left a big muddy boot print. We were so upset!

The Cainans, the Combs, the Ogles, Radar, Becky, Jessi, and I all went to Buffalo Wild Wing's across the street after the last show.
I had a great time talking, drinking, and eating hot wings!

February 22-23: San Benito, TX

No comments: