Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April 10-11: Mountain Home, AR-5:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 5:30 p.m.

On Friday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 49 mile jump to Mountain Home. The roads were very hilly and curvy, so it was slow going.

It was a beautiful day, so I decided to walk into town to find a coffee shop that my phone located. It was a three mile round trip, and it turned out that it was a restaurant instead of a coffee shop, but I decided to go in anyway since I had walked so far.

Back at the lot Casey fixed the exterminator cart for us by welding one of the wheels back on.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show. There was one obnoxious father in the front row that at first was an annoyance, but then became a source of amusement.
We thought he was just expressing his enjoyment of the show by making loud, strange noises and shouting out his thoughts, but by our third appearance we realized he was just being a jack ass.
Naturally we mocked everything he yelled out to ourselves amidst much school girl giggling.

There were less people at the second show....that's all I've got for today....sorry I don't have a more exciting ending....


On Saturday we had an 11:00 a.m. show to start things rolling. Luckily there was a good sized crowd attending.

Casey had to get up early this morning and go pick up his truck (with a new transmission), so the tigers opened the second half of the first show.

The second and third shows were full; during the afternoon Casey welded my trailer step back on for me.
I guess Brian LaPalme is feeding me too well!

In the third slide table gag Ryan gave me a fat lip when he dove off the table into my arms. When we landed on the crash pad, my mouth came down on his elbow, bashing my lip and prompting me to mutter a mushy sounding oath.
I didn't have any ice in my freezer, so I ended up using one of Jessi's organic breakfast burritos to keep the swelling down.

After the shows Ryan, Tatiana, Radar, and I borrowed Jessi's car to go to Wal Mart and the movies.
We caught an evening showing of "Clash of the Titans". I have never seen the original, so I wasn't able to make a comparison.
This version was decent; the highlight of the movie for me and Ryan was the character who hissed at everybody.





No comments: