Friday, April 16, 2010

April 12-13: Ash Flat, AR and Pocahontas, AR-2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. & 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Sunday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 55 mile jump to Ash Flat. When I arrived at the lot, I realized that in my haste to hook up and leave this morning, I left my blocks at the last lot. Luckily Jessi had some extra boards that I was able to use to unhook.

Cathy Poema's 14th birthday party was this morning. It was a beautiful day for a party; we had snacks and kid's champagne.

We had a good sized first crowd and an average sized second crowd. The name of the town, Ash Flat, is a bit of a misnomer as far as the lot was concerned. Tatiana hit an uneven spot of the ground in the second table act and hurt her leg.

After the shows Jessi, the twins, and I went to Wal Mart to go shopping. While there I picked up the Eddie Murphy stand up special, "Delirious", for $5, so we watched that at the Cainans trailer after our evening BBQ.


On Monday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 49 mile jump to Pocahontas. There were three marked downgrades on the route, so I took it easy, especially after the warning talk Casey gave me and Ryan about how brakes can catch on fire if you ride them too much on steep hills.
The final steep, curvy stretch of road through town was a real pain; I almost side swiped a wall at one point with my trailer.

We were playing on the town's fairgrounds, and it was a sunny day. I spent some time cleaning house with Jessi.

Casey had more transmission trouble this morning and had to go on a 300 mile round trip before the shows to drop his truck off in the town where they "fixed" his transmission last time.

We had an almost full first show, and they were a great crowd. Tatiana took it easy in the table act, and everything went fine.

We had a full second show. During Intermission I discovered a new way to play Guitar Hero...


At the end of the second show, Ryan and I were called to the front row by a man holding his daughter. He said he had found our videos on Youtube and really enjoyed our work. He then told us that he was a rodeo clown and had lost an eye in the line of duty.
I'll take stoic people in the seats with crossed arms over a crazy bull any day of the week!


April 16-Anna, IL
April 17-Ste. Genevieve, MO
April 18-DeSoto, MO

1 comment:

Freelance Dork said...

Congratulations on getting Eddie Murphy's "Delirious". Now get to work on that original Clash of the Titans. That, sir, is a serious oversight for someone of your cinematic proclivites!