Friday, April 16, 2010

April 13-14: Corning, AR & Dexter, MO-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Tuesday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 24 mile jump to Corning. On the way I stopped because I heard a thumping noise and thought one of my tires was flat.
It turns out it was just the road making the noise; all of my tires were fine.

We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day. Ryan and I took advantage of the nice locale and weather to make a short film with the help of Tatiana and Buckner.
When we were done filming we walked to Wal Mart and then Ryan and I began editing the short. Tatiana made some food for us all while we worked.

There was a small crowd at the first show. It was very hot in the tent, but as I told John Moss, I would rather have it be hot than deal with the cold, rainy weather we had last year.

Casey and Radar had to drive far away to pick up Casey's repaired truck. Because of that we were without tigers for both shows.

There was an average sized crowd for the second show. One family in the front row was having a really good time, and their energy kept me going for the table act.

Casey and Radar arrived at the lot right at the end of the second show; hopefully they are done with transmission problems for the season.

Ryan and I premiered our movie for everyone tonight. It will be coming soon to a blog near you!


On Wednesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 57 mile jump into Missouri. We were playing on a grassy lot and it was a sunny day (I will never get tired of reporting weather like this).

Ryan and I watched the movie, "Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother", today. Frankly, I was disappointed.
Despite having such a talented, comedic cast and being written and directed by Gene Wilder, the movie just wasn't funny.

We had a decent sized first crowd and an almost full second show.

That's all I've got in my notes....what an exciting day!


April 19-Mascoutah, IL
April 20-Highland, IL
April 21-Hillsboro, IL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys,
I was just wondering were you got "Sherlock Holmes smarter brother"?
Albert has been looking for it for years! any who I like your ducks.
any info you can give me would be great. Thanks!
Pam Ramirez

Steve Copeland said...

I rented it from Netflix, but Ryan first spied it at a Barnes & Noble down in McAllen.