Monday, April 19, 2010

April 15-16: East Prairie, MO & Anna, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for the 43 mile jump to East Prairie. The route slip told us to arrive as soon as possible since there was only one entrance to the lot.
I thought it was ironic that on a jump such as this, with a need for urgency, there was a Flying J on the route.
I left a little early so I would have time to dump my tank and fuel up. I am glad I arrived at the truck stop when I did, because when I was leaving the place became a mad house of trailers trying to use the solitary dump station.

We were playing on a baseball field surrounded by a chain link fence, and it indeed did have one tight entrance. It was another sunny day; score!

After school was out Jessi, Nikki, Carla, Radar, and I drove to Sikeston, MO to go to Lambert's, a restaurant with huge portions and dinner rolls thrown at you by the wait staff.


I ate a ton and wasn't hungry for the rest of the day! I also went into a food induced coma when I got back to my trailer.

We had an average sized crowd for the first show and a good sized audience for the second show; nothing else to report.


On Friday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 55 mile jump to Anna, IL. The lot was on a slope, which made us dread the fancy footwork we were going to have to use in the ring.

Ryan and I made squibs today while watching that perennial favorite, "Willow", and imitating our favorite scenes.

The weather started out sunny, but it started raining lightly closer to show time.

The first show was full; during it the sun came out, but by the end of the performance it was sprinkling again.
The second show was full as well. The only thing to damper our enjoyment of the big crowds was the sloped ring. There's something to be said for the ground consistency that a building show offers!

Once the shows were done it started raining a little harder, but it didn't do any damage to the ground.


1 comment:

mjs said...

throwed rolls! i LOVE lambert's!