Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 17-18: Ste. Genevieve, MO & DeSoto, MO-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

On Saturday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 88 mile jump to St. Genevieve. It seemed to go on forever!
We were on a grassy lot and it was a sunny day. Culpepper Merriweather advance clown, Tina Bausch, came by to visit today.
I had lunch with her in the cookhouse and we hung out before the two shows, which she watched.

Both shows today were almost full. We were short a rola bola act because Fridman's trailer lost an axle on the road. They spent all day getting it fixed and arrived at the lot after the second show had already started.

There was a huge BBQ in the evening for Georgia and Genevieve's birthdays. A lot of people were in attendance (including Radar's family), a lot of food was consumed, and a lot of presents were opened by the birthday girls.
It made me want to be a little girl again....
wait a minute....


On Sunday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 43 mile jump to DeSoto. We were playing a cement lot that was very tight. On the plus side, it was another sunny day.

Both shows were full. A lady on the way to the first show had a stroke out by the road. We could see her from the back door as her family and emergency workers were huddled around to help.

After the first show I was watering the ducks (they grow faster that way), when a family walked by. The mother misidentified my babies as chickens (she must have been the mayor of the fine city of DeSoto), and then her little girl asked me if I pee the bed.
At least that is what I think she said, my Missourian is not what it used to be.
After repeating her question, I answered, "Occasionally. It happens to the best of us!"
Then I wet myself.


April 22-Carlyle, IL
April 23-Sparta, IL
April 24-Mt. Vernon, IL

1 comment:

Rose said...

Alternate universe incounter suggest by your blog.

Little girl: Mr. Clown do you wet the bed?

Depends

On what?

on my body so I don't pee.

At which point the little girl kicks Mr. clown in the shins and says "I like puppies."

At least that's what you think she says, as you don't speak Missourian.

Which is all to say, by me, well done.