Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 19-21: Mascoutah, IL, Highland, IL, & Hillsboro, IL-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Monday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 75 mile jump to Mascoutah. I left exactly at 5:30 to beat St. Louis rush hour traffic.

Our lot consisted of a mowed down corn field where all the trailers were parked and a grass circle where the tent was set up. It was an overcast day.

There was a mother Killdeer that had her nest between my trailer and Ryan's motorhome. During the day her eggs hatched and she had four baby Killdeers.



Whenever Ryan or Tatiana would exit their house, the mother would start screaming and either attack them or run away and pretend to be hurt so they would go after her instead of the babies.



We set up protection for the family so that no one would step on them during the day.

The first show was 3/4 full and we had a decent sized crowd for the second show. I got an injury before the tiger chase by pulling a stupid stunt.
I put the tiger head on the ground and attempted to do a handstand into it. Unfortunately I misjudged the size of the head's interior and wound up bashing the place above the bridge of my nose. It gave me two nice scrapes that scabbed over.
Thanks to Nikki, who was watching, almost everyone knew about my stupidity before the show was over!


On Tuesday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 24 mile jump to Highland. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Jessi, the twins, and I went to have breakfast at a local diner, and later in the day I went to Wal Mart with Jessi and Carla.

Both shows were almost full. Lucky was out sick today, so Dan, our ticket taker, was filling in on drums.
Miss Vicky ran the sound effects, and she did a fantastic job for never having done it before.


On Wednesday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 43 mile jump to Hillsboro. The tent was set up on rocks, and all the trailers were parked on grass.

Ryan and I practiced our water spitting this morning and then he helped me improve my 108 (a front flip to the back).

In the tent I tried my hand at aerial skills. First I played on Jessi's hammock rigging, and then I tried climbing web.
Neither attempt went well, and I finished feeling sore and tired. I'll take sliding on a table over aerial work any day!

Both shows were 3/4 full; there were softball games going on at a field right next to us the whole evening.
Luckily no one hit a pop fly into one of the trailer windows!


April 25-Carmi, IL
April 26-Flora, IL
April 27-Windsor, IL

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I think you would look great in spandex and spangles =) and tights...dont forget the tights.