Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 5-7: Ozark, AR and Heber Springs, AR-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. & Day Off

I woke up at 7:30 a.m. when I heard engines starting around me. I didn't set my alarm last night because no one seemed to know when we were moving to the lot this morning.

The lot was only half a mile away; we waited until today to pull on so the ground could dry out. Unfortunately it was overcast most of yesterday, and that weather continued today. Luckily it wasn't too muddy on the lot.

I borrowed Jessi's car to go into town to get a hair cut. This proved to be a bust, because all the barbers were closed on account of it being Monday, and even beauty shops that WERE open wouldn't give me a haircut.
(Note to all readers: Plan your haircuts accordingly in Ozark, AR. I ended up having Jessi cut mine when I got back to the lot)
I did find a post office and a book shop though. The book shop had some amazing finds, but it was so cluttered and unorganized that it was difficult to find anything. Plus there were stacks of boxes that kept you from accessing certain isles.
At least that kept me from spending all my money!

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show, and an average sized crowd for the second show.
John Moss wasn't here today so he could take his wife, Reyna, to get her citizenship (congratulations!). Ringmastering in his place was Aaron, from the elephant department, who was a ringmaster on Carson & Barnes.

It was Radar's birthday today. We all got him funny cards and little gag gifts; Ryan and Tatiana got him a huge Q-Tip to clean his big ears, and Jessi gave him a picture of all of us giving him the middle finger. This of course was inside a big box to make him think he was getting something substantial.


On Tuesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 125 mile jump to Heber Springs, AR. It was an "eventful" drive. Casey blew his transmission not far from the town we were leaving, and Ryan blew a tire just a mile or so from our new lot.

We had the day off today because they couldn't find a town to fill this open date. It was a nice day, so I made the most of it.
I let the ducks swim in a tub that the Poemas gave me. Ralph had no trepidation about the water; he took off like a little yellow torpedo (the original discarded title for the Beatle's smash hit, "Yellow Submarine"). Norton was a lot more subdued; she casually bathed while Ralph showed off.

video

Other than taking time to fix a tear in the latex of my snake walkaround, I took it easy all day: reading, watching Family Guy, and playing video games.


April 8- Mountain View, AR
April 9 & 10- Mountain Home, AR
April 11- Ash Flat, AR
April 12- Pocahontas, AR

No comments: