Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 29-30: Ashdown, AR & DeQueen, AR-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Monday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 59 mile jump to Ashdown. We were on a flat, grassy lot and the weather was beautiful; a perfect circus day!

Ryan and Tatiana had to go to Dallas for an appointment this morning about Tatiana's visa, so they started their journey last night.
We were worried he might not make it back in time for the show, but he got to Ashdown with plenty of time to spare.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show, and even more people for the second show.

The lot had one fault to it, a funky stench coming from a nearby plant or mill. We could really smell it before and during the exterminator gag. I guess you could say the gag smelled....funny....

I wasn't feeling very well tonight. I had a headache, plus I was congested, fatigued, and a little queasy too.
I took a night off from the BBQ and took some medicine that Natalie gave me.


On Tuesday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 33 mile jump to DeQueen. We were on a bumpy, grassy lot, but it was a sunny day.

I was feeling much better today; Ryan and I even squeezed in a little trumpet practice for the first time in awhile.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show; Ryan kept me entertained during the exterminator gag by doing his Dan Rooney impression (those of you that worked with Dan on Ringling or are a clown geek like me will appreciate that).

Today I started teaching Ralph and Norton to follow me and to come when they are called. So far so good!

We had a strong finish to the night: a full second show and a delicious BBQ at Casey's. We actually called it an early night so Casey could move away from the soft spot of ground that he was parked on.


No comments: