Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 6-7: Covington, IN & Lebanon, IN-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 63 mile jump to Covington. We were showing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
Jessi and I were able to get off the lot and go to a laundromat and Wal Mart.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show. I felt lousy and had no energy. I was also sick to my stomach; I think my lunch did not agree with me.

We had an almost full second show, but the size was misleading because we are still down one seat wagon. I felt much better for the evening performance.

There was a bad storm in the middle of the night that woke me up. Jessi had to go close her car's roof to keep the rain out.

On Friday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 58 mile jump to Lebanon. We were on a grass lot and it was an overcast day; later on the sun came out.

Ryan and I borrowed Jessi's car to go to lunch, and then we checked out a used book store that was on the way to town. The prices were a little high, but we found some great books.

On the drive into town this morning we had seen a sign for an antique book store, so we decided to check that shop out too.
We drove back the way we had come in and followed the sign....only to be brought back to the same book shop we had just left!

We had a small crowd for the first show; Ryan and I cranked out another short film after the tiger chase. Look for it on here soon.

It started storming during the first finale; I waited until everything died down before going to meet Kyle Winchester and his girlfriend, Amanda.
Kyle saw our show last year in New Castle, IN and is a big fan of the blog; he remembers more about my first year on the show than I do!

We had a good sized crowd for the second show, and they were a good audience. Ryan and I had a lot of fun in the gags; it was a good show for Kyle and Amanda to see.

Today was not the best day to be my nose. In the first show, I accidentally slammed my nose into Ryan's shoulder during the table act.
During the second show, Ryan was demonstrating to Casey how to style properly. I happened to walk right into Ryan's hand with my nose. The timing was perfect; it was exactly like one of the bits we do in our gags, only this time it was funny.
The coupe de grace came after the shows, when I was fixing some material on the ceiling of my trailer. The air conditioning vent popped off and came down right on my nose.
Comedy comes in threes!

Today was Jessi's last day. She spent all of her free time packing; she will leave first thing in the morning.

May 11-Redkey, IN
May 12-Roanoke, IN
May 13-Waterloo, IN

1 comment:

Michael Newton-Brown said...

Is Jessi going back to clowning on another show?