Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 8-9: Kokomo, IN & Rushville, IN-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. & Day Off

On Saturady we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 52 mile jump to Kokomo. Jessi left when we all did; she is headed to Baraboo for the summer to be the clown at Circus World Museum.
Carla started riding with me since her usual mode of transportation is now gone.

We were on a grass lot and it was a cold, overcast day. We were only a mile or two from a ton of civilization, but it was so dreary out that I didn't want to walk.

Ryan and I spent our time wisely by watching the sequels to "A Nightmare on Elm Street"; we got through parts two and three today.

We had full shows today. Opening was very fun; I tried some new bits that are definite keepers.

Delena, Tatiana's sister, is my new web girl now that Jessi is gone; I had a much easier time setting her web.

Mr. North took the entire show out to dinner at Golden Corral for a belated Cinco De Mayo celebration.
I ate a lot, but didn't stuff myself silly, and we had power all night to look forward to since it was so cold.


On Sunday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 96 mile jump to Rushville. We had the day off because of Mother's Day, so a group of us loaded up in the Cainan's truck and headed to a mall outside Indianapolis.
I bought a boss Gremlins t-shirt, a video game, and $96 worth of books at Half Price Books.
Yay shopping!

Back at the lot we had a big BBQ for Natalie's visiting sister, Lauren, and Lauren's husband Hashi.
I went home when I couldn't feel my feet anymore; not sure if that was an indication of the cold or how much food I ate.

May 14-Paulding, OH
May 15-Spencerville, OH
May 16-Coldwater, OH

4 comments:

Tejano said...

so...emergency room...no comment on that?? :)

Anonymous said...

Now my good man Steve:

What's the scoop on the emergency room visit that you had to do -- due to falling down?
Tripping over clown shoes?
Not paying attention?
Just over eager to perform?
So many things to do and see and so little time for my talent to shine through.
Hehehehe.

Details and conclusion?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Walker from Spencer.

Anonymous said...

Valérie Blabbed on her Blog.

Evidently, Mr. Steve was back at 'work' that evening.

No secrets in der circus so the book sez.And that's what makes it special --the camaraderie.

I wonder, with the announcement of the upcoming baby event -Is
Ryan going for another circus act along the lines of the old vaudeville
"Seven Little Foy's" ?
Unlimited possibilities.

Guys - ya better dig the movie out for your next fireworks making afternoon.

Besides -- it's a fun little entertaining movie.
Having worked the last of the rounds of Burlesque -- "Foys" is vaudeville all the way.

Lots of ideas in it that could be reworked into the modern times.

"There is NO such thing as a new idea -- just reworked old ideas, updated,restyled,and polished".

Indiana Jon

Michael Newton-Brown said...

Thanks for the Jessi update. Emergency Room gossip?