Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 10-11: Plumsteadville, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Thursday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 67 mile jump to Plumsteadville, PA. We were playing on a grass lot behind the fire station and it was an overcast day.

While I was sitting on my couch and surfing the web, my trailer took a nose dive and the front crashed onto the ground. I went outside to investigate and saw that my blocks had slipped out from under the jack, causing it to fall to the ground.
Luckily one of my blocks stopped the jack from going all the way into the earth, and with Radar's assistance we were able to get me level again using a bunch of Casey's blocks to slowly raise the trailer up.

At noon there was a World Cup drawing in the cookhouse. Armando set up a pool, and everyone who put in $25 was there to draw a team. I drew Paraguay....I think they are a province of Canada....
At any rate....

GO PARAGUAY!

I went to the grocery store to do some shopping before getting ready for our afternoon PR. A group of us went to Chubby's, a great local ice cream store. The owner, Jesse, is an awesome guy and always helps to promote Kelly Miller in town.
We did meet and greet with the customers who showed up, and Jesse treated us to delicious ice cream.

It rained before our PR, and it was humid for the shows. The first show had an average sized crowd, and the second show had decent attendance.

After we were done with work, Casey, Natalie, Nikki, and I went to the Italian bar close to the lot to have dinner and drinks.


On Friday I slept in and then Ryan, Tatiana, and I went to Chubby's again to enjoy some great ice cream and generous hospitality.

We had an average sized crowd for the first show. Bill Hall, an agent that I have done a Christmas tour for every December since 2007, came to watch and visit.

My friend, Mary Kelly Rayel, came to the second show with a few folks from her flying trapeze school.
The tent was 3/4 full and we had a good audience; I was glad Mary Kelly got to see us in front of our best crowd of the two day stand.
The owner of Chubby's and his family also came to see the show, and they got to enjoy the first elephant ride of Intermission.

After the shows Mary Kelly, Mike, and I went out to eat and drink at the Italian restaurant by the lot.

June 18-Travel Day
June 19-21-Charlestown, RI

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'know, Steve, I've been a faithful reader of your blog since you began. Seems to me that there's a whole lot less chicanery going on this year than last . . . or maybe not . . .

Keep up the good work, and the reporting . . .
Bruce the Clown

Anonymous said...

Bruce,

It's called maturity....



HEHEHEHEHE