Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 18-21: Travel Day & Charlestown, RI-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., & 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Friday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 155 mile jump to Charlestown, RI. We were set up on a parking lot in Ninigret Park and it was a sunny day.

Ryan, Tatiana, and I jumped in my truck and drove to the nearest movie theater (13 miles away...there wasn't much around the lot) to see Toy Story 3. I loved it!
We also found a fantastic Italian restaurant and bakery in the same shopping center, where we loaded up on good food and pastries.

In the evening I caught a ride with Armando's family and the Fuscos (which is redundant I suppose, considering they are all related via marriage) to go see Cole Bros. in Newport, RI.
The show treated us great during our visit, unfortunately the show ended on a bad note. Kellan, the human cannonball (and my favorite of the three clowns), was dropped upside down onto the concrete when three idiot prop guys released their side of the net right after he landed.
He whacked his head on the cement and started convulsing; paramedics and performers surrounded him and the ringmaster thanked everyone for coming, and asked us all to leave the tent.
(The latest I have heard is that Kellan is out of the hospital and recovering, but he will obviously be out of the show for awhile. We all wish him a quick recovery.)


On Saturday I went to Tim Horton's to pick up donuts and coffee for the America's Own crew. Before the shows started, I did some repair work to my snake walkaround.

Since this was an important engagement for us (Big Apple used to play the date), new professional lighting was brought in for our three day stand.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show. In the table act there is a bit where I pretend to smash my crotch into the edge of the table.
Due to a miscalculation of my steps, I actually did hurt the family jewels. I hope no one could read my lips when I was reacting to the pain!

Chris, Gina, and Hunter Allison came to see the second show, which also had decent attendance. We got to hang out with them for a little bit after the performance, and they brought us some beer, chips, and salsa as free roll.

The second show was filmed for posterity using a high quality camera, so I tried not to suck too much.

Ryan's father, Chris, and his girlfriend, Bonnie, came to see the third show. Unfortunately the third show had less people than the first two; a two show day would have easily sufficed.
Luckily it was the easiest three show day I have ever done; I think the day off we had helped in that respect.

Tonight I jumped between the nightly BBQ and hanging out with Chris and Bonnie at Ryan and Tatiana's house.


On Sunday I went to pick up donuts and coffee again to start our day off right.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show. Before finale almost the whole cast was backstage popping sheets of bubble wrap. Nikki deemed it "Kelly Miller Stress Relief". It was such a funny visual; I wish somebody had gotten a picture.

We had a good sized crowd for the second show as well. Ryan's mom, Lee Anne, and her boyfriend, Scott, were in attendance.
Just like yesterday, the 5:00 p.m. show was filmed for posterity.

After the shows Ryan and I filmed a quick clip of us popping into frame for a 30 second commercial that is being produced to help promote our Chicago run.

There was a Hawaiian themed Mid Season party after the shows. I wore a Hawaiian shirt over a white t-shirt that said, "I Need To Get Leid"...
because I am classy.

I got some depressing news before the end of the second show, so my main goal at the party was to get tanked.
I succeeded, but I do remember having a good time and enjoying the delicious food.
Many thanks to Delena and Carolyn for setting it up (and anyone else that helped out that I didn't know to mention).


On Monday I went to do laundry, and then I ran by Wal Mart to do my shopping; I will miss being able to get off the lot as easily as I have the past few days.

When I got back Ryan and I made squibs while watching some Spike Jones footage I haven't seen since I was a kid.

We had an almost full first show, and a good sized crowd for the second show.

Today was Nikki and Carla's birthday party, so we had a cookout and cake before the girls opened their presents.
Nikki wanted me to jump in the pond for her birthday, but I held out until she agreed to jump in too.
Casey decided to join in the festivities as well, so once we had changed, we all walked to the man made beach in Ningret Park and the three of us went for a swim.
The weather was perfect and the water wasn't cold at all.

June 29-Merrimac, MA
June 30-Lancaster, MA
July 1-Townsend, MA


No comments: