Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 22-23: Berkley, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Tuesday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 72 mile jump to Berkley, MA. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Ryan's grandfather took me, Ryan, and Tatiana into Boston for the morning. Traffic was terrible going in; it took us about an hour and a half to go 40 miles.

We explored the shops and bakeries of Chinatown before having a delicious lunch at a German restaurant. Luckily we didn't run in to any traffic leaving town.

Don Horowitz and Bob Lessard came to visit today. We had a full first show and we got good laughs from the audience.

The South Shore Circus Band played before the start of the second show, which was also full.

While I was backstage waiting to do the tiger chase, two skinny white boys with tattoos covering their sleeveless arms sauntered up to me while screaming into their phones.
The one dragging a little girl with him approached me and I politely asked if they were looking for the entrance.
He told me that the show was sold out and asked if I would sneak them into the tent in exchange for money.
I told him that he was in luck because there were going to be two more shows tomorrow.
He suddenly got indignant and said, "Well, my little girl can't wait until tomorrow! This is retarded!"
He continued on his way, screaming into his phone some more. All that flashed through my head was my cowardice in NJ when the drunk was threatening us; I was not about to take that kind of attitude from some punk after being nice and helpful.

I followed the guys around the tent, mostly to make sure they didn't try and sneak under the sidewall, partly to prove to myself that I have some cojones.
Father punk noticed me following them and whirled around with fire in his eyes, "What the f**k do you want!? Do you want to f**king go!?"
I stood my ground, with my arms proudly crossed across my chest and slowly and defiantly shook my head no.
I was so proud of myself for standing up to that creep; too bad he kicked my ass.

Just kidding.

Ryan and I got a good laugh in the exterminator gag. We must have hung the beehive too high, because after Ryan's second bounce on the bungee, he could no longer touch his feet to the ground.
He just helplessly swung back and forth a few feet off the ground while I shot at him with a shotgun.
Now that's comedy!


On Wednesday Ryan, Tatiana, and I loaded up in my truck and drove to the mall in Taunton, MA, which turned out to be beautiful.

We had average sized crowds today. The 23rd had been an open day, but they added more shows in Berkley.
I am surprised at the amount of people we squeezed out of this small town for four shows; even though the shows today weren't packed like the ones yesterday, the numbers were still impressive when you think about it.

July 2-North Hampton, MA
July 3 & 4-Dalton, MA


3 comments:

Tejano said...

Today you are a man...

Trey said...

I just got back from a rag bag show called "The Luna Brothers Circus". All I can say is my wallet is pissed at me!

Rebecca Ostroff said...

I am so jealous that you are in my very old stomping grounds!! also you ain't really a chicken because you let people comment on your blog!!

yours truly,

the enchanting Miss Rebecca