Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 4-5: Leola, PA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

On Friday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 10 mile jump to Leola. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
Later on some clouds blew in and cooled things down; the humidity was still bad though.

We had a very small crowd for the first show. At the last minute Fridman couldn't find his rola bola board, so Ryan and I had to rush in to do the table act early.
The prop guys didn't know though, so the jukebox was still in the ring when we entered. We put the table at the very front of the ring, in front of the jukebox.
After we had totally set the gag, the jukebox was removed...gotta love live entertainment!

The Poema's weren't working today, but Adrian's knee is not seriously hurt like he was afraid of.
There was another small crowd at the second show; after it was over Casey, Natalie, the twins, and I went to Lancaster, PA to go to some bars and have some dinner.


On Saturday I slept in, and when I finally got up I walked over to the flea market set up next to the lot to peruse their wares.
I ended up buying two video games for cheap.

We had a very small crowd for the first show, and a small crowd for the second show.
Casey and Natalie took a nap between shows and didn't wake in time for the show; no one noticed that they were not backstage, so we went ahead and started opening.
Just as I was getting ready to wrap up the number, I noticed that Casey and Natalie weren't by the tiger cages, so I motioned to Ryan for us to stretch.
I improvised for a bit and then noticed John Moss at the back of the ring instructing us to stretch some more.
Ryan and I started pulling out every bit of business that we could think of until we saw the Cainans at the tiger cages.
I'm not sure how long we were out there, but it seemed like a lifetime; it wasn't very easy to keep going with the small crowd giving us nothing to play off of.

Lewis & Clark Circus was about 15 minutes away from us (yesterday they were just 5 miles up the road), and a lot of people went to see them. I decided to stay home and relax.

June 12-Ringoes, NJ
June 13-Emerson, NJ
June 14-Greenwood Lake, NY

1 comment:

mindy Cashman said...

you guys are blowing off the Jersey Shore area this year??