Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 12-16: Delhi, NY, Richfield Springs, NY, Norwich, NY, Oriskany Falls, NY, & Cobleskill, NY-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Monday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 90 mile jump to Delhi. Route 28, one of the roads on the trip, had horribly steep hills.

We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day. Carolyn and Mike weren't here because of a truck problem that had to be fixed.

We did good business for the first show and the second show was full with a great crowd.


On Tuesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 55 mile jump to Richfield Springs. We were playing on a grass lot and it was an overcast day.
Ryan and I watched the Monty Python concert film, "Not the Messiah", which was very funny.

I went to the grocery store down the street from the lot, and when I returned to my trailer I discovered that I had left the one item I really needed at the counter. I had to go all the way back to retrieve it.

We had a full first show with a great audience. After the show I met a boy named Ben that became inspired to be a clown after seeing me and Ryan perform last year. That kind of good news was exactly what I needed to pick up my spirits and remind me why I do this job.

The second show was full, and after it was over I attended a big BBQ with guests, Les Kimes, aka "Cousin Grumpy", and his son.


On Wednesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 54 mile jump to Norwich. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Ryan and I went to Wal Mart to buy fabric for the costumes we are making for the show, and then we had lunch at a deli downtown.
After dropping Ryan off at the lot I picked up my laundry and went back into town to wash it.

Both shows were almost full, and it started raining, which cooled everything off.


On Thursday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 35 mile jump to Oriskany Falls. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
Ryan did most of the work on the show's popcorn box costume this morning. Now we only have to do some touch up work on it and then finish the soda cup costume.

We had split shows today, with the first one at 2:00 p.m.; there was an average sized crowd. I decided to stay in make up between shows.
There was a decent sized crowd for the second show.


On Friday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 57 mile jump to Cobleskill, NY. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Ryan and I went shopping at a hardware store and Wal Mart, and then we practiced water spitting back at the lot. Ryan's nephew, Argio, saw us and wanted to come help.
Unfortunately the big carafe we were using was a little more than he could handle:

video

Ryan and I explored downtown a bit where we found a great book store and a comic book shop. We talked with the owner of the comic shop for awhile; it has been quite some time since I was interested in comics, so I had a lot of catching up to do as far as information goes.

We had a small crowd for the first show, and they were one dead audience. Luckily there was a good sized crowd for the second show.
It poured down rain at the start of the second performance, but it was done by the time the tiger act finished.

After the shows Ryan and I went to Mr. North's RV to talk about next year. We spent about five minutes talking business and then about an hour and a half swapping stories and talking about circuses. It was a lot of fun.
The offer to return for 2011 is on the table, but we don't have to tell Mr. North our decision for another month or so.

July 25-Rock Creek, OH
July 26-Willowick, OH


1 comment:

MiMiKKrY said...

Oh very dramatic of you, make us wait to hear if you will be continuing on with KM... thanks. LOL