Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 19-23: Travel Day, Youngsville, PA, Girard, PA, & Middlefield, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Monday we had the day to travel to Youngsville, PA. It was a 5:30 a.m. call for a 240 mile jump.
Once I got to the lot I spent all day relaxing and resting.


On Tuesday it rained a bit and it was humid. The tent was set up on concrete, but all the trailers were on grass.

Sarah, who was on the show two years ago, and her daughter, GiGi, joined the show today; Sarah replaced Carla as a showgirl.

Both shows were full; I was solo clowning once again while Ryan and Tatiana drove back to Boston to see a doctor. There was something from Tatiana's last appointment that they wanted to check up on.

We were playing next to a senior center, and almost the entire preferred seating section for both shows was filled up with elderly folks in wheelchairs.


On Wednesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 65 mile jump to Girard. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
A lot of people showed up for the tent raising; we had a decent sized house for the first show, and a good sized crowd for the second show.


On Thursday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 65 mile jump to Middlefield, OH. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

I went to the post office to pick up a package of make up that Jessi had sent to me, and later in the morning I practiced web with Sarah since I will be setting for her.

On my second foray into town I finally found some black powder for our squibs, I got groceries at Wal Mart, and I bought some more make up at a costume shop.

We had a good sized crowd for the first show and an almost full second show. The second crowd was a great audience; I wish Ryan and I could have done our gags for them.

Ryan and Tatiana arrived at the lot a couple of hours after the shows finished. Thankfully everything is ok with the baby.


On Friday I had another web practice with Sarah at 10:00 a.m., and then Ryan and I went to the magic shop where we spent a long time talking with the owner, who is a magician (I guess that is to be expected...not like a proctologist would own a magic shop).

When we got back to the lot we made squibs; I didn't feel like doing any more exploring today, because it was so hot and humid.

We had a decent sized crowd for the first show. During Raul's act a storm blew in and there was a huge downpour to accompany the strong winds.
It was coming down so hard that it looked like it was raining in the tent while we were doing the jukebox gag; it was very surreal.

We had a full second show with another terrific audience. Unfortunately another bad storm was blowing in during the second half, so we were told to waste no time in ending the show.
I hated having to rush through the exterminator gag when we were getting such great laughs; why do storms never threaten us when there are 30 unresponsive people in the tent?!

The storm hit just a few minutes after the show ended. There was more rain and wind, along with thunder and lightning, but it didn't last too long.

August 1-Clyde, OH
August 2 and 3-Kelley's Island, OH!!!
August 4-Gibsonburg, OH

No comments: