Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 9-11: North Creek, NY, Speculator, NY, and Fonda, NY-2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

On Friday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 68 mile jump to North Creek. We were playing on a grass lot at the base of a ski slope. It was an overcast day, and it was a bit cooler than the past several days, but it was still humid.

Brad Zupp and Beth Lawrence, married clown friends of mine, took me tubing before the first show.
Their friend has a house right alongside the Hudson River, so we borrowed a tube and life jacket for me to use, and we traversed the rocky rapids twice before going to lunch in town.

We had split shows today, the first at 2:00 p.m., and there was a decent sized crowd. After I had cleaned up, Brad and Beth took me to an alpaca farm outside of town.

We visited with the female and baby alpacas and then saw the gift shop where there were all manner of clothing items woven out of alpaca fur.

Brad and Beth dropped me off in town where I enjoyed coffee and pie at a cafe before heading back to get ready for the night show.
The 7:30 p.m. show was full and had a great audience.

On Saturday we had a 6:30 p.m. call for our 34 mile jump to Speculator. We were playing on a grass lot and it was an overcast, cool day.

Dan Reynolds and I had breakfast at the diner across the street. Upon further exploration of town I found an auto parts store where I got an adaptor for my trailer lights. After Castro worked his electrical magic, I had brake lights and turn signals on my trailer again (after going without them for almost two weeks!).

We did good business for both shows today. My friends, Dave and Cherie Gregg, came to visit, and they joined our crew for dinner at a Chinese restaurant down the street after we were done working.

On Sunday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 55 mile jump to Fonda. I was overjoyed that there were dump stations on the lot since my tank was almost full.
When I went to empty the tank, I noticed that my handle had broken off and I had no way to dump!
I had to run to the lot, borrow a pair of needle nose pliers from Casey, and then run back to dump the tank.
We were playing on a grass and rock lot and it was a sunny day.

Carla left this morning to go back to Australia. I was glad I got to say goodbye before she was taken to the airport.

Ryan and Tatiana got back this morning from their trip to Oklahoma City. The good news is that Tatiana was approved for her green card.
They showed up right before the first show, but Ryan had to leave again to drop off the rental car. He arrived again after the second show had already started, so once again I was flying solo.

There was a good sized crowd for the first show, and an average sized crowd for the second. I did not enjoy falling on rocks in the chair gag.

After the shows there was a big birthday party for Tommy "Flaco" Poema, who turned four.

July 21-Girard, PA
July 22 and 23-Middlefield, OH
July 24-Conneaut, OH


Tejano said...

Awwwww....how cute. Can you say Fajitas????

crystal said...

Thanks for the alpaca pics! I hope you had a blast (sounds like you did).

Hope you are well Steveo!

David Carlyon said...

Did you visit any sights of our great clown predecessor, Dan Rice?