Monday, July 5, 2010

June 29-July 2: Merrimac, MA, Lancaster, MA, Townsend, MA, & Northampton, MA-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

On Tuesday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 17 mile jump to Merrimac. We were on a grass and dirt lot, and it was very bumpy; still, things were better than last year, when the lot was a mud pit.

Ryan and I spent the day watching movies until show time. We did good business for both shows, but the ring got very dusty.

Ryan was late for the first jukebox gag, but luckily I didn't have to cover for too long before he showed up. On the plus side, it gave us a new idea for the opening to the gag.

On Wednesday we had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 53 mile jump to Lancaster. We were on a dirt and rock lot; oh joy!
I had a jungle in front of my trailer door, but by the end of the day I had beaten down a walking path.

The main generator was dead and being repaired, so everything was being run off of the secondary generator. Because of that, we were asked not to run AC (not a problem for me, mine doesn't work).
Usually when a request such as that is made, the temperature would be in the triple digits, but we lucked out and it was a cool day with no humidity.

Ryan's uncle Kevin came to visit today, and he watched the first show along with Ryan's maternal grandmother and great grandmother.
More of Ryan's family showed up for the second show: his uncle, Andrew and his cousin, Kevin, both from his father's side of the family.

Both shows had average attendance, and once again dust covered everything in the ring. To top it all off, Ryan and I were falling on rocks.
Pointy ones!

On Thursday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 18 mile jump to Townsend. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a nice day.

I ran errands today: I went to laundry, and I stopped by Wal Mart to get a new adaptor so my trailer can have tail lights again (I forgot to plug mine in the other morning and the adaptor got lost on the jump).
Unfortunately I bought the wrong parts and will have to make a return at the next Wal Mart we run across.

Both shows were full tonight. John Moss was approached by two teenage girls after the first show who professed to be our biggest fans. They went on to tell him how much they loved us and how much they wanted to meet us.
John told them, "I hate to be the one to tell you this, but one of them is married."
The bolder of the two girls replied, "That's ok. We'll share the other one."

Oh dear!

On Friday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 85 mile jump to Northampton. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Ryan and I spent some time today working on some costumes that we promised to make for the show; we have procrastinated for a long time and we need to get them done.

Both shows today had small crowds. Rob Balchunas, aka Rob the Balloon Guy, and his friend, Cate, came to see the second show.
They got to see us almost meet an untimely end in the table act. The legs of the table have been leaving marks on the new ring mat, so it was suggested to us that we put blocks under the legs.
We did, and the table was so off balance that I was sure one of the three of us doing the act was going to take a nasty spill.

July 8-Granville, NY
July 9-North Creek, NY
July 10-Speculator, NY

No comments: