Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 2-6: Kelley's Island, OH, Gibsonburg, OH, Point Place, OH & Sylvania, OH-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Monday & Tuesday)

On Monday I woke up early and went to have coffee with Ryan. I then went to the beach with the Fuscos for awhile; afterwards Mr. Fusco, Ryan, Tatiana, and I had lunch.

Both shows today were packed; I was burnt out from all of the time I had spent in the sun.

Ralph laid her first egg; I do not believe it is fertilized though, since she wasn't doing anything to protect it.

At the end of the second show I was leaving the tent when Adrian told me that the cops were at Casey's looking for me.
Sure enough, there was a police vehicle parked in the back yard, and the two officers that pulled us over last night were talking to Casey by the tigers.
Luckily they just wanted to get pictures of the cats; Adrian had me going for a moment though.

While he was taking to the cops, Casey apologized for them having to come out for the noise complaint last night. The head officer said that it wasn't that big of a deal.
The only thing that irked them was when I "tried to get away". Whoops; I guess I am more of a "bad boy" than I thought I was.

After the shows Casey, Natalie, Nikki, Sarah and I went to a few bars. Casey kept buying me shots of coffee flavored vodka that were kicking my butt.
At one of the bars I hung out with a cool family: a woman, her husband, and the woman's parents. The parents had seen the afternoon show, and all of us found plenty to talk about.

To top off the evening Ryan and I drove around the island to enjoy the scenery one last time.


On Tuesday I slept in a bit and then met up with some fans that I made last year on the Island. We met at the beach, but the weather was overcast, so we didn't stay there very long.

We went to the quarry, where we followed a little nature trail (and blazed a trail of our own) and ended up on the other side of the quarry. It was a neat experience that I hadn't done last year.

After leaving my fans, I dropped off my golf cart and returned to the lot to get ready for the shows.

We did good business today, but not as good as yesterday; it was very humid. My fans and their family came to the second show.

After the shows I got everything loaded up and headed to the ferry; I was lucky enough to get on the second boat to the mainland.
It was a 39 mile jump to Gibsonburg; I arrived at midnight. I was starving and went into town to find something to eat, but I couldn't even find a gas station that was open.


On Wednesday it was incredibly hot and humid. I went and had coffee and breakfast with Dan, and then I went back to my trailer to sweat the day out.
It did rain a bit, but it didn't help cool the temperature down very much.

We had a small first crowd and a slightly bigger second crowd. I wish I could say something nice about them, but both audiences were absolutely miserable for the entire show.

I heard that during the second show a lot of people went out at Intermission and wanted refunds because it was "too hot in the tent". Try working in it!
It must not have been too bad if they were able to sit through the hour long first half before wanting their money back.


On Thursday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 30 mile jump to Point Place. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
There were a ton of people on the lot to watch set up; I got quite a chuckle when a little boy with a mullet was making fun of my ducks' "hair".

Ryan and I walked into town and did some shopping for prop building materials before the shows.

Both performances were packed; we knew coming into town that we were going to do good business. What a nice feeling.


On Friday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 19 mile jump to Sylvania. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

I pulled off the lot so Ryan and I could go shopping. We went to Lowe's and bought more materials for prop building.

After dropping Ryan and the supplies off at the lot I went back out to do laundry. I also got a hair cut and went grocery shopping. It was a very productive day.

Ryan spent all day constructing one of our new props, so I helped put primer on it when I got back to the lot.

We had an almost full first show, and a full second show. I treated the A.O. crew to sushi for tonight's cookout.

August 15-Flushing, MI
August 16-Frankenmuth, MI
August 17-Pt. Austin, MI

1 comment:

mr. diabolo said...

hey steve and ryan u are my favorite clowns in the world and ive always wanted to meet you! when are you coming to boston next? Id love to see you guys in a live show! :)