Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 7-8: Brooklyn, MI & Stockbridge, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

On Saturday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 53 mile jump to Brooklyn, MI. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

Dan and I went to have breakfast once we got to the lot, and then Ryan and I pained one of our new props.


We had decent business for our two shows. During the second tiger chase, I noticed that extra time was needed to get the tiger arena out of the tent. While Ryan and I were dejectedly walking away from John Moss I kicked a section of ring curb like usual. It turned out to be the broken one, and I kicked it with a little more power than usual, so it turned over and landed out of line with the rest of the curbs.

I saw this as an opportunity to stretch out the chase, so as we were leaving the tent I awkwardly picked up the ring curb (there wasn't much acting involved...ever tried to pick something big up in a mascot costume?) and spent some time fumbling it back into place.


I took a break from the BBQ after the shows and just relaxed at home.



On Sunday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 30 mile jump to Stockbridge. I had trouble getting my engine to turn over before the jump, a problem that had been intensifying for the past few days.

Castro gave the engine a shot of ether to get it going, and he diagnosed the problem; I needed new glow plugs.


We were playing on a grass lot in Stockbridge, and it was a sunny day. I had breakfast once again with Dan, and when I got back to the lot, I found that Danny had picked up eight new glow plugs for my truck. Castro switched them out during the shows.


Ryan and I finished up the new prop we have been working on; time to move onto the next project.


The first show had decent attendance, but they did leave one seat wagon out of the tent, so it was a smaller crowd than it appeared to be.

The second show's crowd was average sized, and they were miserable. Not a good way to end the day.


August 18-Reese, MI

August 19-Houghton Lake, MI




No comments: