Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 31-August 1: Richfield, OH & Clyde, OH-2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

On Saturday we had a 6:30 a.m. call for our 15 mile jump to Richfield. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.
To pass the time in the morning, Ryan and I made squibs.

We had three shows today since a third had to be added last year, due to turn away business. Luckily there was a good turn out and the shows flew by.

We had a full first show, an almost full second show, and there was good business for the third show.
Rich Deptula and David Powell visited during the day.


On Sunday we had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 85 mile jump to Clyde. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

We had average sized crowds. I had no energy for the shows; the three yesterday finally caught up with me.

There was no finale for the second show to get people on the ferry to Kelley's Island as quickly as possible. I was leaving the lot before the show was even over; it was wonderful!

We had a 30 mile jump to get to the ferry, and when I arrived they waved me right on the first boat, even though there were others who had arrived before me.

After we were parked at the lot, Casey took me, Ryan, Adrian, and Armando to rent our golf carts. After that a lot of folks had dinner at the Village Pump.
Ryan, Tatiana, Casey, Radar, Nikki, and I moved to the martini bar down the street for more drinks, and then we went tooling around on our golf carts.
I guess we made a little too much noise while driving around by the state park and beach, because the cops were called and they pulled us over.
Well, they pulled my friends over....I was at the head of the pack, in my own little world, and didn't even notice that they had been stopped until I finally looked back and didn't see anyone.

I called Casey, and he told me what had happened. As I was talking to him, I looked up in my rearview mirror and saw flashing police lights.
I quickly hung up and pulled over to the side of the road.

As smoothly (and soberly) as I could, I greeted the officers and asked them how they were doing.
They opened with, "Did you not see us pull your friends over back there."
"No sir," I innocently replied.
"Then how do you know they were your friends that we pulled over?", he cleverly countered.
I explained how they must have been my friends because I was out with folks on golf carts and had lost them.
"Do you see my lights now?", he sternly asked.
He then inquired if I wanted to go to jail, which sobered me up P.D.Q. I told him that I would rather not, and then he asked for my license.

By this point I was so frazzled and nervous that I accidentally handed the officer my credit card instead of my ID.
He jokingly asked if he could keep the Mastercard; I replied that I might need it later on.
The officer then informed me that they had been woken up to respond to a noise complaint and that I needed to head back to the circus or I'd be spending the night in jail.

With my tail between my legs, I drove back to the lot and crawled into bed. Everyone else went to have some more drinks, but my fun had been shot for the evening.

August 14-Holly, MI
August 15-Flushing, MI
August 16-Frankenmuth, MI

1 comment:

Mimikkry said...

Wait, wait!! **Giggles** Was the police officer riding a golf cart as well??? I just had the best visual of a low speed chase involving a black and white golf cart complete with light bar...