Friday, September 3, 2010

August 21-August 26

Saturday, August 21: Mancelona, MI-2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 56 mile jump to Mancelona. We were playing on a grass lot and it was an overcast day.

We had an average sized crowd for the first show, and a decent sized crowd for the second show.
During my down time between acts, I started teaching Norton to chase me. I just think it is funny to see a grown man running, waving his arms and screaming, while a duck chases him.

In the second show, when I dove over Ryan in the table act, my knee hit his head. When I turned around to do the next bit, I realized that I had completely scalped him of his skull cap. I laughed so hard at him, and the audience got a kick out of it as well.
Actually we got good laughs for Saturday afternoon shows.

After the shows I walked to the grocery store since I was out of everything I needed. Mike Rice was nice enough to give me a lift to the lot as I was walking back.


Sunday, August 22: Mesick, MI-2:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m.
We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 56 mile jump to Mesick. We were playing on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

We had an average sized crowd for the first show, and a small crowd for the second show. At least there were two ladies with funny laughs in the second audience; we tried to capitalize on that as much as we could.

The women on the show had a Ladies Night get together after the shows, so Casey, Ryan, Lucky, Danny, and I had a Guys Night over at the BBQ.


Monday, August 23: Howard City, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 83 mile jump to Howard City. When I got to the lot, my truck started acting screwy; I couldn't put it into park or reverse.

Dan and I found a great cafe in town to have breakfast; I went back for lunch and stopped in at the post office as well.

Castro worked on my truck all day. The problem was my transmission; it was broken. Casey helped me look for options in case Castro couldn't fix the problem.
He found two box trucks close to the next town that would be cheaper than me buying a new transmission for my truck.
Casey and Danny also helped me keep calm before the daunting task of switching trucks and getting everything to the next town made me have a nervous breakdown.

Luckily Castro worked his magic and got my transmission working again! He sure saved me a lot of hassle, stress, and money!

We had a full first show, and an almost full second show. Both crowds were great; I knew the town was excited about the circus when there was such a good turn out for the tent raising.

Last year a family came to several of our shows in Michigan to see me and Ryan. Rachel and Landon, and their sons, Michael and Dennis, came to see us for the second show.
After we got cleaned up, Ryan and I went out on the midway to visit with them and their friends.


Tuesday, August 24: Grand Haven, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 61 mile jump to Grand Haven. We were on a grass lot and it was a sunny day.

There was a ton of stuff to do in town. Last year Grand Haven was a two day stand, but we had to cram everything into one day this time. Ryan and I went to breakfast, and later in the day we went to an auto parts store so I could grab new batteries for my trailer and some brake and transmission fluid.
We also went to Gamestop, where I bought a refurbished Xbox 360. Mine overheated on Kelley's Island and got fried.
We topped it all off with lunch at Culver's. Yum!

Castro helped me out once again by fixing a corroded cable connection to my trailer batteries, and I got my new Xbox hooked up and running.

Both shows were almost full; our fan family, the Agulars, came to the second show. After the show they took me out to eat and showed me the sights of Grand Haven.


Wednesday, August 25: Caledonia, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 6:00 a.m. call for our 54 mile jump to Caledonia. We were playing on a ridiculously uneven lot and it was a sunny day.

Ryan and I watched the movie, "Rear Window", and made squibs.

We did good business for both shows. The ground was a royal pain to work on, and the second audience was a tough crowd, but we survived.


Thursday, August 26: Benton Harbor, MI-4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
We had a 5:30 a.m. call for our 93 mile jump to Benton Harbor. We were on a cement lot by a mall, and it was a sunny day.

Ryan, Tatiana, Delena, Dan, and I took Armando's son, Argio over to breakfast at IHOP. I then went to Meijer to get some grocery shopping done.

Ryan helped me go shoe shopping at the mall, and then we went to check out the great Halloween store that we visited last year. Unfortunately they were not opening for another day, so Ryan and I were extremely disappointed.
In the meantime we browsed some nearby shops in a futile attempt to fill the void that was left by our missed Halloween store opportunity.

We had good business for both shows, and Ryan and I got good laughs for the second show.

September 5 & 6-Maywood Park, IL
September 7 & 8-Wheaton, IL





1 comment:

Kerri B. McMullen said...

That is nice that you have the ability to get your truck fixed and not really too much stuck in a bind trying to find a place to fix it. I really enjoy reading your blog. However, I think you should add some of the things you do in the show more. Sometimes your blog is very cut and dry. You are not. Hurry up and catch up!